Used 2004 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews - 454 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

sweet ride
By mldawg

2004 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is awesome. Mazda did a great job designing this car.

Steering wheel controls

bluetooth, ipod

Good Value
By dtyner

2004 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Before buying this car I had done a lot of research on cars in its class and for the money there is no car that even compares. My particular car is fully loaded and still costs less than any of its competitors. My car has the manual gearbox that shifts perfectly, and the v6 motor that has not great power but the a range of power that makes it feel sporty. The engine makes a decent note with the stock exhaust. The clutch has great feel. Stiff enough to have fun on the track but soft enough that your left leg wont shadow your right. The Handling is amazing. Very limited body roll but then road noise at highway speed is very loud. Overall a great car for the money.

Manual Transmission, Exterior Styling, Quality of leather seats in S version, Sound system, perfect handling, price.

If I wanted to waste so much gas I would drive a tractor. Sound system needs to be complete with ipod hookup. The great sound system is needed to be heard over the road noise.

Mazda 6-cess!

2004 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got my car to replace my totaled mazda b-2500. the only complaints i have is the notchy gearbox and various rattles but that's it. my mazda is rock bottom of the 04 mazda6 lineup- no moon roof, automatic trans, leather, multi disk player etc. but the interior design is very good and roomy. cars good for aggressive driving and sounds the part too. some say it doesn't get enough horse power and mileage but mine with a aftermarket intake has 30-40 extra hp and 2-3 more mpg, so don't change the car change the intake.

pick-up, lotta space, ford built engine and car means parts and oil is cheap and easy to find+ easy to work on

smooth gear box, fix rattles, stronger headlights, shorter clutch and a coupe version of the 6 would be cool

Uber good mazda

2004 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got this car to replace my mazda b- 2500 after it was rear ended at 70 mph by a much larger truck, its very roomy, comfortable, controls are easy but the gearbox is a bit notchy. car goes 0-60 in under 5 seconds with after market intake, the red display is cool, I am a VERY aggressive driver and this mazda seems to fulfill my needs. this is an easy car to work on if it develops any problems. the car i have is rock bottom of the 04 mazda6 line but im still pleased. zoom! zoom!

acceleration,interior comfort, it is stable even at redline and sounds awesome

smoother gearbox and a mazda6 coupe version would be great

uber fast mazda

2004 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second car which replaced my Mazda b-2500 that got rear ended and annihilated by a hummer. Great speed, acceleration, comfort, I love the red display at night. The shifter is notchy but smooth engine. I am a very aggressive driver and this car suits my needs. However, the accelerator seems to have a mind of its own when cruising for 4th or 5th gear (it revs by itself) and the dealership cant figure it out. But this car has a huge amount of space and I will keep driving it as long as I keep my distance from those hummers.

speed, pickup (i left a civic si in the dust) and interior design

smoother gearbox, fix problems