Used 2010 Mazda 5 Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 5

View reviews for a specific 5 model:

It's a mini minivan
By Soccer Mom

2010 Mazda 5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

A "family" vehicle, I wanted a sportier mom vehicle but something also economical and practical for a family of three. A smaller version of a van. The sliding doors are easy to use for small kids. This is a great kid friendly vehicle. The table between the seats and storage in the seats is great but wish they were a little bigger. There is not enough room for car seats HUGE complaint for me! A stroller will take up the whole back with little room for anything else. The road noise is a bit loud and for a Mazda its not as smooth a ride as I hoped. I do feel safe driving this vehicle. It can be a lot of fun on curvy roads (zoom, zoom, zoom comes to mind.

Feel safe, easy to handle, The mute button on the steer wheel is a plus. I have not yet experienced great gas mileage as they have advertised yet.

My biggest compliant and biggest disappointment is for a family vehicle a childs car seat leaves no room between the front seats and the car seat! Needs more compartments and storage and a little more space in the back. paint can be easily scratched. Auto lock, more power and a bigger sun roof.

Love it!
By Alex

2010 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I did so much research before finally deciding on the Mazda 5. Economical, trendy, plenty of interior room, and a fun drive. I love the fact that it has the functionality of a minivan but it's easier on the packets (both price and gas mileage). I feel it has great pickup on the highway (as long as you plan on staying within 5 - 10 miles above the legal speed limit the car is great, why would you need more pickup in a family car?). The basic model comes with great features and it so fun to drive! I love it and nothing else on the market would have fit my family so well. We've put 6 in the car with no complaints but I would put kids or shorter/thinner adults in the back row.

The radio controls on the steering wheel especially the mute button. Functional like a minivan but drives like a sedan (it's very sporty). Feels safe and stable.

Can't think of any. I feel it comes standard with features many competitors don't offer at the basic trim level and for a good price. Fits my family's needs like a glove.

Could not have bought a better minivan.
By love my car

2010 Mazda 5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I had a Mazda 3 and I can tell you that my Mazda 5is the best car I have bought so far.. It rides so smooth and the comfort is great for my me and my family. We have 4 kids and the ride with comfort. Love it. I got it in color black beautiful.

My sunroof. The front window and lets not forget the sliding doors.

Could have better sound system. But it's ok I still love my car

Amazing Vehicle for the Money !
By Sammy

2010 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Bought a new 2010 Mazda 5 SPORT Automatic this weekend and I love the car! My wife and I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter and another due in September and we only need 1 car, so I added the "Popular Equipment Package" and "Fog Lights" to give it a "sporty" look and feel and I think the "car" looks and drives that way! The car handles very well in the city and has ample pickup for me. The seating/storage configurations are amazing and I marvel at the interior space that has been designed, it's just "smart". I am not worried about having 2 kids and lots a cargo for long trips in this beauty. If you are considering this car, not concerned about having AWD, it's an amazing vehicle for the price !

"Popular Equipment Package" looks, Handling/Drive, Seating and Storage Configurations, Interior and Exterior Design, Sliding Doors, Fuel Economy, Aux audio input, Large front window/visibility, I could go on.

I'm sure I could complain about something, but if I were a car designer, I would be very proud of this very forward thinking vehicle.

Just Bought My New 2010 Mazda5 7/10
By luv2drive

2010 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Ok so I just bought this, honeymoon isn't over only 1k miles on it. Went on a trip w/family little cramped on room but they have racks & a basket or container for purchase will def.invest in one of those.Overall zipping around town love it,look love it,performance loaded,ran great not a slug. Used to drive a loaded suburban this forces me to not keep as much junk in the back as I usually do. It is easy to clean truly a fun car to drive. I don't feel I'm in a mom car whatsoever, feels like I'm in a little sporty vehicle. Can't say much more than I LOVE IT! You will too but it will force you to keep it clean =@). I have 3 kids one is 16 & tall,very comfy in it and in back row.

Easy to clean being so small, chairs are comfy, sporty feel, fits family & then some,

road noise a bit loud on some vehicles, guess 17" low profile tires don't help, tinted windows on sport model would be nice, going to have to get tint on them.