Used 2010 Mazda 5 Minivan Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 5 Minivan

View reviews for a specific 5 model:

Horrible Drivetrain
By nj_drive

2010 Mazda 5 Minivan Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

We have owned the vehicle for 18 months now and have accumulated 25,000 miles. We have already had to replace the stock tires due to the originals wearing out. We took the vehicle to the dealer for all maintainence and we had a passenger side axle have to be replaced due to defect at 16,000 miles. At 25,000 miles the transmission decided to blow up. When in the dealership getting the trans replaced, they also found the drivers side axle was defective and also had to be replaced. The car gets around 32 mpg as we drove it from Iowa to NJ 10 times over the past 18 months. It is great with the entertainment package, as the kids love it. It is a little underpowered when going over steep hills.

Something to better the life of the tires.

The is an inferior vehicle, it is NOT a mini minivan
By spine123

2010 Mazda 5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This IS an inexpensive, cheaply made & poorly designed SMALL car with sliding rear doors, NOT a 'mini' minivan. If you do research, you will find that Mazda has a big mechanical problem with the rear-end camber that Mazda either will not or can not repair on the Mazda5 (as I experienced with too many trips to 2 Mazda dealerships).
It leads to a horrible vibration, poor ride, LOUD noise, & premature tire wear.
While the car handles relatively well, the engine is grossly underpowered for this small car.
The 3 rows are nice but the front seats are very uncomfortable with very little leg room for the average adult. There is little interior storage. This is a poorly built car.
DO NOT BUY!

An Affordable Fun Family Friendly Sporty Mommy Vehicle
By sardidii

2010 Mazda 5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

You get what you ask for!
I LOVE this vehicle!
I had NEVER bought a Brand New car before in my 38years.
I DID my research.
I wanted a Fun, Safe, Reliable car/wagon/crossover thing that was perfect for a family of 4 with a dog.
I wanted something that was safe, fun to drive, good on gas and affordable.
I also wanted to have the ability to haul another person just in case i had to.

I ended up with this gorgeous Mazda5 and I am so happy with it!
I have been asked several times already by people in Parking lots what it was.
I fit comfotably in it and i am tall.
The sliding doors make it easy for the children to get in and out of.
It is fun to drive!

6 passenger seating but small bucket seats Automatic climate control sliding doors second row under seat storage roomy cargo when third row is down flat great on gas good value drives well can switch to manual if you want to

More Storage! The glove Compartment is HUGE, but it would be nice with a larger center console with a lid

Versatile and Fun, but MPG way off!
By gliese876d

2010 Mazda 5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

In general I really love my Mazda5.
It is fun to drive and highly versatile for my growing family.
What I loved most was that I did not have to give up a manual transmission to get a mini-van, and assumed I could get good gas mileage given the advertised 22-28mpg, especially with a 5-speed.
That was an important selling point to me because I was trading in a fuel efficient sedan, and did not want to sacrifice fuel efficiency.
But so far this car has yet to deliver anywhere close to the adverstised gas mileage.
It has not yet *once* even gotten the lowest value of 22mpg since I purchased the vehicle almost 3 months and 3200 miles ago.
It is usually an abyssmal 19.5 mpg.

That there is a 5-speed transmission option. The ease with which seats can be folded down and rearranged, etc.

Either improve the gas mileage or do not advertise unrealistic values for gas mileage. I feel very misled about this vehicle's fuel efficiency and might still have bought it knowing it has a lower value of closer to 19mpg instead of 22mpg but I would have preferred to have known this prior to purchase. I understand that vehicles need time to break in and get optimum fuel efficiency, but I can't imagine anyone getting anywhere near the upper value of 28mpg when I can't even get 22mpg with a 5-speed, efficient driving, and combined highway and city driving. It seems absolutely implausible to me that the fuel efficiency ratings were accurately determined.

Best Car Ever!
By mandydj

2010 Mazda 5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Love this car! Comfortable to drive, and ride. Great acceloration, great room, I have three kids and I use this car for work, I drive my clients to their apointments, grocery shopping, etc. Love the sliding doors. Very easy, dont have to worry about tight parking spots. I love the back seats, you can put them down for cargo or use them. The only complaint I would say it is a little bumpy, and a lot of road noise on the freeway. Other than that, Its the perfect car.

The position of the shifter, perfect. Everything feels so comfortable and in the right place when you drive. Very fun to drive, so sporty.

Bumpy/ road noise