Used 2008 Mazda 5 Minivan Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Mazda 5 Minivan

View reviews for a specific 5 model:

I just cant wait to get rid of it!!!!!!
By Really not liking it

2008 Mazda 5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

So we have now had this car for a little over a year and i would honestly say that i have had nothing but problems.After two months of purchase we hit a stick in the middle of the road and ended up with a whole the size of a softball in the gas tank and that was not covered by warranty. We have had to purchase several gas caps costing $65 each and a new gas intake. I also have had water spraying out the vents with the air conditioner on.This should not happen when you buy a new car all we have done is put more money in to this car then its worth and to top it off its such a hard car to try and trade in for a better car the dealerships DON'T WANT IT. I will never purchase a Mazda AGAIN ~!!!

It gets great gas mileage, The sliding doors and the manual transmission.

More room in the car its not easy to fill all the seats cause there is no room for all the people and baggage

Love this Family car!!!
By Angela

2008 Mazda 5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Love, Love this car and it has been over a year now that we are driving it. I needed a family of four type of car with room for more kid passengers or grandparents on trips. This car was it! I did not want a large minivan and needed better mileage for my long trips on highway to visit family. Some reviewers complained a little about the road noise, I don't notice it at all. I previously owned a V6 pontiac grandAm and the Mazda 5 satisfies the need for pickup and speed. Drives great! The only thing I wish I did when I was getting the car was get one with a roof rack. It would be so useful on long family vacations.

Does not drive like a minivan, it has a lot of pep and moves like a small car. The stereo 6-CD changer and the sliding doors

Maybe a little storage in back when 3rd row seat is in use.

Just What I Needed
By Dnice35

2008 Mazda 5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have a newborn and before purchasing the Mazda 5 we had a mid-size sedan. It was a hassle to put the baby in and out of the car. We bought this car for the following reasons: 1. good gas millage 2. comfortable for the baby 3. design, So far it has met our expectations. We are more than pleased with our purchase.

fodable third row. dual a/c. automatic and manual transmission. design. 6 cd changer.

I guess the only things I can think of is a little more room in the trunk, as there is no space when the third row is being used. and maybe a little more power when accelerating wouldn't hurt.

Loving the 5 II
By Johnny

2008 Mazda 5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

It's been almost a year now since I bought the 5. It is my daily commuter. I was told to drive it like a sports car and I do. Commonly doing 85 in the interstate. Love the size and ease in parking. Still don't see many around and it fits our family of four. Better gas mileage than our Honda Oddy. Only issue with the 5 was that I couldn't get the gas cap off. It was a recall. All is fixed. I would buy another. Recently took it on four hour vacation, everything fit and mileage was great. Cant wait to see what the new one will look like. Most people don't know what it is. I like that. It stands out in a crowd.

I like the shape. Has a sporty look.

Power doors on the side and hatchback. A covered console between front two seats. Wish front two windows were auto up and down. Windows should come tinted.

Great buy!
By Mike

2008 Mazda 5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

We bought this car as a family car just a few months ago and we could not be happier! We also looked around for sometime before we decided on the 5.

Unique exterior styling. Great handling.

Put the 2.3 turbo in it!