Used 2007 Mazda 5 Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 5

View reviews for a specific 5 model:

No more Mazda for me.
By Mario

2007 Mazda 5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I hope Mazda fixed the issue where the car has too much camber & causes rear wheels to wear quickly and cause excessive noise. Like on 2007 models. We've gone through 3 sets of tires and the car only has 40,000 miles on it.

Fix the rear wheel issue.

Love my Var!
By Emily&Nessa's Mom

2007 Mazda 5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2008 Mazda5 and lost it in an accident, so I replaced it with this. I love this car, as I loved my first one! This is the perfect car for someone who wants to be able to haul kids, or groceries, or a little of both, or a lot of something big. I adore the versatility, my kids love the room, and it drives like a car. I also get a kick out of the fact that no one else seems to have one. We call it a mini-mini-van... or a var!

Sliding doors that don't bang into other people's cars, lots of storage, lots of cup holders, rear seats fold flat, can put the toddler into her seat without reaching up- and I'm short!

iPod jack, A/C vents, a little more room behind the third row of seats.

Mostly happy
By JustpeachyinDC

2007 Mazda 5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought ours new in July '07. Overall, this is a very good car for a new family with small children. Easy access with the sliding rear doors but it doesn't feel like your driving a minivan. Needs more horsepower! We have averaged 23 mpg in mixed driving since we bought the car, not bad but not great. Routinely get 27 on the highway even with the Thule cargo box on top. This car is one of Mazda's best kept secrets!

Sliding rear doors, seating for six, large cargo area, fun to drive, unique look. A lot of value for the money.

A/C for rear seats (fixed on later model years), armrest for passenger (also fixed on later model years), gas pedal to close to the brake pedal, more hp (50 or so). Some problems being reported with the bushings on the front stabilizer bars, mine started making noise at about 42k.

My Favorite Car
By Catherine

2007 Mazda 5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This has been my favorite car I've ever owned. I had a Kia minivan before that I hated. I like that it drives like a car but the sliding doors make it super easy to get the kids in and out. I love the third row seating so we can take Grandma with us sometimes. It has great cargo area for groceries. Agree with the road noise and I wish the front passenger seat had an armrest. Agree that the seats are not comfortable for long drives. Shocked to discover that the side mirrors were not heated. Paint seems to chip very easily and the battery won't hold a charge (but it's winter and I don't drive it enough). Transmission does seem to hesitate sometimes. Key is huge.

Sliding rear doors! Heated seats! It's not too big/not too small, third row seating, roomy cargo area, leather interior, satellite radio, keyless entry, window locks

Rubber floor mats don't hold enough water, the paint chips easily, don't care for the low profile tires, auxiliary input for stereo, heated mirrors

Not recommended
By krizzam

2007 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Mazda & until this car, I'd consider myself a huge fan. Now, I'm not sure I'll ever buy a Mazda again. In less than 3 yrs. & 30k, I needed new tires, a new battery, numerous broken interior features, horrible loud noises when I back out of the driveway. The low profile tires drive terribly in the winter and are extremely expensive to replace. The body is shoddy - bumper popped out which then made a large piece of plastic hang underneath. Believe it or not, I notice this plastic hanging on other passing Mazda5s. Even worse, I leased this car. What a nightmare.

Seating for 6 in a fairly compact vehicle.

Quality?