Used 2012 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

So far so good
By jhunterk

2012 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Have had the car for 10 months, 6k miles, 0 problem so far. IMHO, it is the best compromise among gas mileage, cosmetics, reliability, and a sporty ride.
On highway, the 40mpg is spot on. The hatchback is super useful, once I was able to put FIVE dinning chairs in it. Very good lumbar support too.

Con:
The ride could be bumpy on crapy road because of its sporty suspension.
Not as quiet as toyota, could use better noise isolation

Handling Bluetooth Hatchback

best noise isolation better interior (similar to what CX-5 has would be great)

UNCOMFORTABLE
By donchevy97

2012 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

takes corners and speed bumps terribly. rides extremely stiff

Best car for the price
By montanac

2012 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I see a lot of picky reviews. I wanted a car as cheap as I could get it. I was unwilling to sacrifice gas mileage, cosmetics, reliability, and a sporty ride. That's hard to find in these price ranges. This car provides. Would I like the ride of the Mazda 6 better? yes..oh but different price range. This car smacks the competition for someone looking at new for under $17k.

Sporty drive, stereo system, gas mileage, reliability

The seat could use more adjustments (height)

My Mazda is a Rocket Ship
By jennypenny575

2012 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've been driving a 2000 Ford Focus SE Sedan before this car, so you can imagine that most cars would be a vast improvement. Not so, my Focus was a great car, it had great pickup, decent gas mileage(23 mixed) and a rather comfortable ride. But my Mazda is a rocketship.

I had wanted a Mazda3 back in 2008 when I was originally car shopping. I ended up with a 7 year old focus because the Mazda was out of my price range. So the fact that I have it now is even sweeter.

After test driving the Versa, the Focus, the Fit, and the Elantra, it was pretty much a runaway with the Mazda. I knew it was the car for me 5 minutes into the test drive. Smooth driving, fun to shift, everything is great.

Some of my favorite features are the Bluetooth, the automatic shifter, the SkyActiv engine....and the cargo space. Oh and the gas mileage! I'm getting 32 mixed right now, which is a fantastic improvement. On top of that, I'm having a blast with the shifter and the Bluetooth means I'll never have to physically pick up my phone again. And the Mazda3 has enough tech goodies to keep a technophile like me, happy and engaged.

I'd like the center console/armrest to be moved up slightly. I do wish it had the same inside tech as the Focus(voice commands for music and such) and I wish the color choices had been a bit more broad. Maybe less grey and something a bit more colorful? If they had had the Mazda3 in lime I would of snatched it up so quickly your eyes would of hurt. I'm also semi-worried about how much space there is for the backseat. But since I'm the driver and I never have to sit back there, it's kind of a moot point. For the most part, I wouldn't change a thing on my Mazda. It's perfect the way it is. And I got it for a great price! My Mazda is the perfect package, bow and all.

Good car after 2 months
By amoozed

2012 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Quite a nice ride so far.
I'm averaging 30 mpg 50/50 city/highway.
My question for those pushing 40 mph-how do you drive 60 mph on the freeway?
I live in San Francisco, CA, and you will literally get run off the road for driving under 70 mph on the freeways here.

6 speed manual, bluetooth, handling, fuel economy.

Exterior design (esp. the rear of the car). Increase interior space.