Used 2012 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

best car for the $
By sorento2006

2012 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

i did a lot of research before deciding on this car,and everything i have read from road tests is almost true.i got my 4-door with fog lights,spoiler,bose/moonroof package.looks great in dark grey.

love the mileage.i have already seen 47.8 mpg in a nice stretch with cruise set at 63.the bose stereo rocks,and the car looks very sporty

i have no suggested improvements,just a little advice for other reviewers.yes,the engine makes a funny noise upon startup,and the transmission can be a little jerky,and the ride a little stiff,but do you people not test drive cars before you buy? i did lengthy research,and am glad i did.coming from a kia amanti,i can tell you that THIS MAZDA IS BETTER THAN ANY HONDA OR TOYOTA.

buy one
By sorento2006

2012 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

just took delivery yesterday of my graphite grey sedan with fog lights,spoiler,bose,sunroof.when i took it for a test drive,going over 60,the computer showed 41.6..wow !on the 30 mile trip home,got 47.8 at 63mph.the ride is tighter than expected,but much better than the 2008 amanti i traded in for this car.lots of features & wow factor.thanks mazda

stereo,style.the seats seem quite firm at first,but i adjusted quickly

none

Not as good as toyota
By alex_z

2012 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Have 5000 miles on it. I like interior, Bluetooth, steering, seats. Now about bad things: suspension sucks. It's o.k. for commuting and that's it. Took it for a long trip once and hate it now. It drives o.k. on a smooth road but once you go on a crappy one, your butt will feel every bump. Another bad thing about this car- it's too low. I already hit the bottom a couple of times and now I'm very careful. Visibility is o.k. but not as good as Corolla. I took my wife's old corolla for a 2000 miles trip last week, and it's day and night in comparison of driving. Yes, Toyota sucks in interior and has only 4 speed auto, but much better in comfort. Take it on a crappy road before you buy it.

Interior, Bluetooth, seats.

Suspension

2012 Mazda3 Skyactiv
By dgraym3

2012 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

great car! love the styling and interior, shifter and clutch are probably the best in its class of cars.
I'm easily getting 38-42mpg with mix of country back roads/highway.
Why by a boring Yotarolla when you can have something with more style and fun to drive.

Being really picky:
There is a small light rattle in the passenger front door area that I haven't hunt down yet.

Bluetooth on mid i-touring package, stick and clutch are super smooth on this car.

keep reducing the weight and adding more efficiencies to future "skyactiv" engine/tran.

Computer MPG is off
By jackstraw22

2012 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've had this car for about 2 months and while I do enjoy driving it, I've noticed the computer's MPG is off.
I've checked it several times by filling up my gas tank, resetting the trip meter and then resetting the computer's MPG.
After running it for about 300 miles I filled the tank back up.
I then divided the miles on the trip meter by the number of gallons I put in the car.
My latest manual observation was 27.2 MPG while the computer's MPG was 29.8.
So far my driving has been about 90/10 city/highway, so I'd expect the MPG to be low.
But I would have expected the computer's MPG to be more accurate.
It's been off on every test I've made.