Used 2012 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Great Utilitarian Vehicle with Pep!
By Stuart Salvador

2012 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Lots of car envy
By Laurel Abreu

2012 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The car's strength is definitely it's performance. It's a manual transmission and it accelerates well, it handles the curves well, it shifts well. It's a lot of fun to drive. I've had the car for over a year now and I have had no problems with it whatsoever. I will need to replace a couple tires before next inspection (just inspected 2 months ago), but that's it.
My concern was bad weather, but this car is much better than the car I had before. We didn't have much snow this year, but when we did, the car handled it well. And wet roads are no problem.
The issue would be the comfort. The front seats are comfortable, but the rear seats aren't roomy. The ride is a bit bumpy. The trunk is small.
Overall, I'm still loving my Mazda.

Nice carl
By Tom bailey

2012 Mazda 3 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent valuel steering&a handling set this car apart from competition. Good. Power;plenty of room.

USED 2012
By Norm Marrx

2012 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The love of my life.
By Nicole

2012 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first car (I'm 17 years old). I bought it used with 90,000 miles, chips and dings, and a spoiler, all directing to the fact that the person before me had a blast with it. Still, I've had the car for around a year and haven't had a single problem with it. It's not a sports car by any means, but it is very, very quick. It accelerates like a bolt of lightning, takes corners at any speed you'd like without squealing or pulling from the ground, and the steering is taught and responsive. The turning radius is incredibly tight, and the whole car feels extremely aerodynamic and sporty, especially for a pretty normal mid-size sedan. The cargo space is roomy, enough for me to put my cello in the back if I fold one of the back seats down, in addition to a stand, a backpack, and a fold up chair (which is a LOT). My favorite part, however, is the styling. I have the dark grey touring sedan with a spoiler and tinted windows. The sides are subtly curved, the back is rounded beautifully, and the front... Well, I can't put it any other way. It's the happiest car I've ever seen. The great big smile on the front of my car is what made me fall in love with it. I have a jolly sense of humor, so I don't take my car very seriously; If you want your car to look serious, skip on this one, you'll hate it. But if you want to drive the jolliest mid-size sedan in your neighborhood, you'll fall in love with the clever (and puzzlingly controversial) grille shape. The bonus to all of the above is the gas mileage. I have the skyactiv engine which allows me to get around 30-40 mpg (and it's also bright blue). I'm so very proud of my car, and I treat it like a baby. I hope to be driving it for a long time from now.