Used 2011 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Great Sporty Car at a Great Price!
By gigit

2011 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I loved my Mazda 3, which I recently gave to my husband when I bought a new Corolla. It looks so nice, I'm crazy about the style of it. It's a fun ride as well, and it's at a great price. We have had a few repairs on it. The front and back brakes went out very early and the horn broke, but these are minor problems. The only thing I'm not too keen on is the jet black interior. It's a great car and I'd definitely recommend getting one. Gas mileage isn't as good as what I hoped for, but it's not terrible either. I think the new Mazda's with Skyactiv technology get better gas mileage. I also find that the paint chips easily (I have a white model)

Wheels come standard, integrated satellite XM radio option, and the drop dead gorgeous look the car has. IMO it's the best looking car on the road for the price point.

Upgrade the interior

Great except for the GPS...zero support from Mazda
By jsites

2011 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Great little car. Except the built-in GPS which is a rip-off. My brand new grand touring Mazda 3 came with outdated 2009 copy right maps on and SD card.
After having a number of problems and fails with this GPS outdated maps (can't find direct route to the dealership for one thing.) I have attempted to get updated maps..... I am even willing to pay the hideously over-priced fee of $200 to get updated maps, they are simply not available (I was promised by the dealer when I bought these maps were easily upgradeable)
The OEM supplier Denso says they are "out of stock", they do not respond to multiple emails I've sent, they refer me back to Mazda, which refers me back to Denso..... what a joke!

Skip the built-in GPS which is not supported by Mazda. They may tell you they've changed to Tom Tom from Denso and things will be better.... well they told me the same about Denso. I honestly can't believe they are getting away with such poor customer support.

Great Economy Car
By ingersom

2011 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

the exterior of the car for this price range is fantastic! the subtle lines the beautiful headlights are a total turn on, however the interior is bland using black cloth and some silver trim throughout the whole car. you can be sure its not luxury. the features of the car are pretty limited but it does have bluetooth which is now a must have and pretty much all i needed... the ride is very stiff so if u frequent crappy roads u will feel every bump but when u get it out on a smooth fresh paved road with plenty of curves well... theres a reason why i have 4 tickets. road noise is pretty high especially in the backseat but at least while your back there you will have plenty of leg room

bluetooth sport transmission large trunk

improved interior automatic headlights electric seats

Good for 30,000, then all heck breaks loose
By lunaris

2011 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I don't generally review cars, but my experience with this vehicle was so horrible that I felt motivated to counter some of the shameless praise the Mazda 3 receives on this website.

To put it bluntly, my Mazda 3 was a troubled vehicle. It was loud from the first day (I knew it would be), but the noise level rose as time passed. The tires wore down very quickly, and were extremely expensive to replace.

But, what ultimately killed me was the clutch. Just over 41k miles, the clutch began acting up. I know a fair bit about cars and realized what it was immediately. Come to find that the clutch is a chronic issue for this car -- with many failing far earlier. And even at 15 or 18k, Mazda...

... still classifies this as 'wear and tear.' I understand a lot of people who drive this make and model are young, but not too long ago, a clutch didn't break until the car was on its last legs. It was like a transmission -- having one go out before a hundred thousand miles was absurd. I've been driving manuals almost exclusively since I was 15. I never had any issues. But this Mazda failed, and it failed quickly, at an extremely inopportune time. I'll never own another Mazda again. Heck, I may never own another manual. The experience was *that* bad. As far as features I liked, the car was zippy and agile, and felt a little bit like a sports car at times.

Well, obviously there needs to be a recall to look at this clutch issue, clearly. It won't happen, but it should be done. I felt like I got ripped off for that reason alone. I also think they need to redesign the model for different tires. No way should I be paying $200 or more per tire on what is marketed as an economy car. Frankly, though, I don't care what they do, because I'll never own one again.

I Love my ZOOM ZOOM
By brittany16

2011 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I owned a 2008 red mazda 3 hatchback for 9 months it had almost 55,000 miles on it and not a single problem and I recently traded it in for a 2011 celest blue Mazda 3 Hatch with 29000 miles on it. I have not one complaint about this car. It's 100% perfect. The handling is amazing, it's got plenty of speed and is extremely comfortable. The outside appearance is very sporty and nice looking and the inside is great looking as well. I give mazda 2 thumbs up when it comes to building these cars. I wouldn't trade mine in for the world.

Sunroof,bose audio, all the blue accent lights, (goes perfect with my outside color) The whole body style from outside to in. I absolutely love everything about this car.

NONE.