Used 2011 Mazda 3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

I Love my ZOOM ZOOM
By brittany16

2011 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I owned a 2008 red mazda 3 hatchback for 9 months it had almost 55,000 miles on it and not a single problem and I recently traded it in for a 2011 celest blue Mazda 3 Hatch with 29000 miles on it. I have not one complaint about this car. It's 100% perfect. The handling is amazing, it's got plenty of speed and is extremely comfortable. The outside appearance is very sporty and nice looking and the inside is great looking as well. I give mazda 2 thumbs up when it comes to building these cars. I wouldn't trade mine in for the world.

Sunroof,bose audio, all the blue accent lights, (goes perfect with my outside color) The whole body style from outside to in. I absolutely love everything about this car.

NONE.

Fun to drive but noisy.
By mka2

2011 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the car at the end of 2011 and currently have 10k miles on it.
It's fun to drive, corners on a dime, very responsive and accelerate smoothly.

The interior is nice however the seats are not comfortable.
Controls are well placed and the car has a lot of nice technology.
The GPS is difficult to operate and very annoying.
A $200 aftermarket GPS will solve this problem.

From day one, I thought the road noise is a bit much however after the first tire rotation the noise became unbearable.
Mazda is aware of the quick tread loss and will not do anything about it.

Fun to drive, Bose audio is great, powerful, peppy and has one of the most reliable blue tooth and hands free controls. Transmission is really smooth and the engine is very responsive. Steering is tight and sporty.

It's really short sight on Mazda's side to install such a poor performing tires when it comes to tread wear and noise. Fellows, your customers are aware of the problem, so get your heads out of the sand and take care of it. It's hurting your future sales. The GPS needs to be replaced with a professional one with better controls. Seats need to be more comfortable.

Fun, flexibile little car; great value
By cheddar_brett

2011 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This car punches above its price.
As I write this, I've had the car for about a year and have but 16K miles on.

I wanted a wagon or hatch that was fun to drive.
This was cheaper than the alternatives I considered.

This car replaced my 2-door 2004 Accord EX V6 coupe, and with 2-kids and a hatch for their stuff and my hobbies, a nice upgrade.
A smaller overall car, but bigger on the inside than the Accord.

It is great for what I need - commuting (including dropping kids at school), weekend run-about car with the fam, occasional weekend trips, and space for chores and hobbies.

It's been a year, and I'm thrilled with this car.

Driving impressions. This car has great handling, is fun to drive. Braking is good. Acceleration is OK (I have the 2.5L engine) but could be better. Interior. Comfortable. Nicely appointed at a good value (CD changer, leather, sunroof, etc) in the GT configuration. Nice amount of space and flexible inside...good for what I need. The kids get in and out fine, it has room for gear, etc. Exterior. I got a Mazda roof-rack on the car for my bikes. It is great, but makes a lot of road noise.

I think they nailed this in the 2012 model; this car needs better mileage, and it sounds like SKYACTIVE delivers this in 2012 and later models. This car has a fair amount of road-noise too. I added a roof rack, which adds a lot of noise. My wife hates it.

Nice but not for me.....
By pure_hp

2011 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the Sport hatchback, automatic.
I love the bluetooth and the way it drives, lots of fun.
Unfortunately, the wheel doesn't telescope out far enough for me without me being on top of the steering wheel, I'm 6'1.
Because of this, the window switches are too far up the door handle; I'm constantly letting the rear windows down.

Bluetooth, Bose audio system

All Mazda 2.5L engines are in desperate need of a 6th gear for their automatics to help fuel economy. Sport trim level needs lumbar adjustment/support. One touch up/down for both front windows and one touch open/close for moonroof.

An excellent, beautiful handling car for the money
By ohioan2

2011 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Two-plus months and 2,900 miles on my Velocity Red hatch and I'm loving it. Fun to drive, handles like a dream and I enjoy my daily commute in comfort and style.

Plenty of power when needed, with great torque, on the 2.5. You're giving up some gas mileage, but I'll pay for the trade off. Still averaging 30-32 mph with mix of highway/city driving, much better than my old V-6.

It's nice to be crusing in something different and sporty in the sea of Civics and Corollas. Looks aggressive with those 17-inch alloys, side body crease swoop and is ready to prance. Even the smiley grill is growing on me, although the fog lighs and front license plate wipe off some of the smile.

Love the quality of the seats, nicely bolstered, firm and comfortable in the Sport edition. High quality, soft plastics on door arm rests and dash. Nicely laid out interior, Bluetooth, audio, cruise and trip computer buttons all on sporty, small leather-wrapped steering wheel. Tacked on the 10-speaker Bose sound system -- excellent stock system -- and moonroof and added the Homelink (garage door opener, etc.)auto-dim rearview mirror with compass. Red gauges knockout at night and love the little blue LEDs that illuminate the shift and door controls at night. Surprising amount of room in the hatch and with seats folded near flat, you can carry all but the largest of items. A fun ride.

While overall interior quality is good, the quality of carpeting and headliner a bit disappointing; looks cheap. They must paint these things with water based paints. It seems easily chipped with slightest of pebble hits. Wife's '08 Civic doesn't have a chip on it. Car has Ipod hookup, but no USB. Come on ... Trip computer is black and white while every other gauge in car is red. Looks out of whack, should also be red. Can't turn on fog lights on independently; main headlights must be on. Otherwise, love this car. Lot for the money with overall decent quality. Zoom zoom ...