Used 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 131 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Avoid.
By Trex

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The car is really loud inside. No need to opt for the upgraded stereo because it's really poor -you can tell when the car is parked. When the car is moving, you can't hear anything anyway. The interior and exterior trim are so cheap and flimsy. When you are shopping don't be afraid to tug on these bits and you'll see what I mean. be gentle in case there is a break it you own it policy. I get 19.2 mpg combined, which is appalling for a modern 4 cyl 3000 Ib car. The seat is too small for me (front), I'm 5'7", 140 Ibs. The lights are worthless, can't see anything- I could go on but I'm getting tired -in short, please don't waist your hard earned $$.

The material on the seats is cool.

Go back to the previous generation 3.

Lot O fun for the $
By Kilmer

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Decided to get the base hatchback which is called the "sport" and its set up exactly as the higher priced "grand Touring" same, suspension, 2.5 -4 engine, interior/ext size , just a few less amenities. but U do get a 7-phone bt system, stability& trac control, CD,Ac ,all- pwr,TPMS more- . This car is chock full of goodies for the money and blows me away with its manners as after testing the "competition" it literally was no contest ! corolla- not, sentra-not , civic-not even close , I mean Mazda was thinking so far out of the box that the others are eating dust and I'm certain many other designers/techs at the aforementioned companies lost their jobs because this Maz-3 deserves the Gold Medal

Handling, looks, ergonomics is spot on for a 6,0" person, fast, affordable, beaucoupe accessories - I got one you don't because the 2010s are almost sold out and that 0% is going to vanish and nobody will pay as little as I did because this thing is on fire with popularity and the cat's out of the bag

New Colors - :-))

Solid
By S

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

After only 500 miles, I'm sold. Fun to drive, lots of Zoom Zoom, steering/handling is precise. Ample power (way more than my 02 Subaru Outback). Just took a road trip over the mountains to Eastern Washington and it was a champ. Oh, and averaged 31.4 mpg my first trip, cruising at about 70. Good stuff.

Bluetooth audio streaming, by far. The "punch" and handling. MPG so far exceeding expectations.

None so far. Maybe a little more room. Mazda: why not role out a new Mazda 6 wagon?

Legendary
By Stuntman Bob

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Have you ever seen or driven A car and said "I wish I had purchased that when it was new". Well if so then you will understand this vehicle. Being the prior owner of 2007 Mazda3 I can clearly say that this car far exceeds the predecessor which was something I was worried about initially. I, like most, was gun shy about a 1st year car and took a chance. Boy did it pay off. This car is FAR beyond "best in class" this car will be branded as "one of the best cars ever made" in the class with the 1969-2002/BMW,1978- VW/GTI,2002-Subaru/WRX- etc. I wont even start on how great it is as you just need to read the surrounding reviews here and elsewhere. If you miss this gem, too bad I told you so will do.

So I need to explain - Transmission- silk(auto), Handling/Suspension- tuned to perfection yet more sophisticated than previous years. You wont even know its Fwd and its handles better than many a Lexus, BMW, mbz by far- accessories/cant believe that you get what you do for the $$. Confidence inspiring.

Well we still can't even make a perfect circle or Tire/Rim so we will always find flaw when we look for it-with the budget Mazda had for this car they worked out what amounts to be as close to perfect as can B either by luck or just great engineering. destined 2 B "one of greatest cars ever built"

Unmatched In It's Class!
By Diehard080

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I traded my 2008 Mazda3 GT for this 2010 Mazda3 GT and the improvements are obvious and immediately noticeable. Better transmission, Handling, Build, road noise/manners, just everything. Initially hardcore Mazda3 people like me almost hated this car just based on LOOKS ONLY. That passed and now it's beautiful as I realize it's as close to a perfectly built car as exists in ANY class for ANY price. The competition is laughable in specs and build and here's 1 reason why- Totoya Corlla-built- Canada/Indiana/USA,Honda Civic-built- Indiana/USA, Nissan Sentra-built- Mexico?, Thats one BIG reason but this car belongs in comparison to Lexus Is250, BMW3, MBZ-C, It's even better than those for the money.

This car is built far out of the class its in. There are just to many points of excellence here just know that it would need much more room to list it all. Easier to just say perfection! This is a unique vehicle that only comes along once every decade or so if you miss it, to bad! 6K and rocking.

This car is built buy god or luck, and the only thing anybody could possibly conjure up as needing improvement are things they want that it doesn't have but for the $$$-? how much can you expect?