Used 2010 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 325 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Very happy with the lovely 3
By ylli

2010 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I leased this mazda 3 August 2010. I really love the brilliant handling and the comfort seat and ride. Steering is very fast and precise.
I guess for the price, you can't find other car in the class with better driving experience.
I did do some autocross with this car. Even on all season tire, it can still shine.
I also did a few 800 mile journey, it is comfortable enough that I can drive 13 hrs straight in the car.
The down side would be so so fuel economy, I normally average 23-24 mpg in town, barely 30 mpg driving on highway.
Also the build quality could be slightly improved. My car did develop a slight rattle at the back of the car at around 5000 miles.
Overall, i am very happy.

Handling, Steering, comfortable yet hugging seats. Cute look inside and out.

Better fuel economy and less rattle. The clutch take off could be smoother and easier to modulate.

It's fun to be 3!
By johnny2003

2010 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in our Mazda 5 in order to pass this car on to my kids, now 12.
Now at about 14,000 miles, I am just as happy with it as I was with our 5.
It's a great looking car and I really enjoy the bluetooth feature.
Love using the manual shift and it is nice and sporty with alot of get up and go.
Not thrilled about the gas mileage, but if I keep my speed under control, mileage does become better.
Got Pearl White with beige interior and tinted the windows.
Pay close attention, it looks exactly like the new Lexus 200CTH at half the price!
Would buy it again in a heartbeat!

Blue tooth, manual shift, six disc changer, lots of get up and go!

Make both front windows Auto up and down. Make sunroof auto close as well. Wish auto headlamps were on the sport like the GT

Great car recommend to all
By mymazda3

2010 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have this car for a little over a year and it has been a great car. My previous car was
a 99 Honda Accord and this has alot more power and handles a lot better. everything is still running like new.
One of my biggest gripes is that the original tires burned out extremely fast. Around 20K.
It has plenty of power for passing and get up to the top speed, well the limiter.
The shfit gear has loosen up a bit over the 28k I have had it but still good..
Love that all i have to do is change the oil which is great for a college student minus the tire issue.
It scratches easily by the under the door handle.

engine, handling, interior, bluetooth, side mirror blinkers, great sales ppl

6 speed, and actual clutch. its not bad jus not like a honda. also needs a better horn no one gets takes you serious when you hit it.

The Uncorolla
By jazzfocus

2010 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Most reviewers for this car seem very content. After owning this M3 for nearly a year I am in that camp. If I ever run into one of those "discontents" I would gladly take the car off their hands at a deep discount for my son or daughter.
Handling is superb...power from the 2 liter is fine for my needs...mileage has been decent, not great.

Car has done very well in snow and slippery conditions due to esc, traction control, abs. Very well designed body for high wind stability. Ride is rather busy around town due to tight suspension but that's the way sporty cars feel.My wife's 2009 Mazda 6 is much smoother so we use it on big trips. Love that car too. Rear bumper scratches easily in parkin

The blue tooth features are excellent. Radio is very good in my Touring model...better than Subaru and other smaller cars. Very maneuverable and pretty easy to park. Drivers seat bothered me at first due to firmness. Now I like it though it's not cushy like my wife's 6. Love the contour and sporty look of the car. Not turned off by black smile in front. Got the blue, great color. Trunk space is very good and rear seats fold so tons of space if you need it. Get hatch if you need more. Love tossing the car around, response and handling superb. Steering is tight on center---better than my 6 in that regard.

Rear bumper design is easily scratch when parking and touching someone's license plate. Get bumper bully if in city frequently. The driver's seat could be a little more cushy. Now I'm used to it and it does hold you well. The fabric seems fine and quite comfortable. The ride is very firm and the tires require 35 lbs which may have something to do with it. I seem to be getting more used to it but those potholes in our roads are a drag. Seems like all the towns ran out of money for repairs. Car is worth a close look at since most others in the price range are boring.

Pretty mediocre car
By Anonymous

2010 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

One year into ownership with the 2010 Mazda3 and it's got a few positives, a few negatives and overall a lot that is just blah. The engine is rough-riding, doesn't rev well and when matched to the archaic 5 speed auto delivers wretched fuel economy: mostly highway driving and the car returns 20-21 MPGs. The engine seems to strain on any incline. The interior still feels cheap and rough. The car handles well but that can't make up for the fact it's mostly just a bland car with a bad transmission and engine.

Handling Space afforded by reach hatch Adaptive xenons

Decent interior components (ie not cheap feeling to the touch), transmission made this century, good engine, much better gas mileage, auto/up down on all windows, mirrors connected to seat memory.