Used 2010 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 325 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Great car but 2nd car kinda funky
By unlimitedinc

2010 Mazda 3 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had this car for a year and really liked it.
I took it on a trip to Louisana and Alabama and was comfortable the entire way.
Shifting to 2nd gear has to be precise but I haven't had any problems otherwise.
It looks great, has nice room and is fun to drive and park.

Looks great, interior is very nice for the price, and drives well.

Will never purchase a mazda again.
By coakub

2010 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

words cannot explain how horrible my experience with mazda was. first my clutch failed(due to pressure plate wearing unevenly) with no warning at 19500 miles, after only owning since november, and then the service department treated me like crap, ignored their mechanics who said it was defective, screamed at me to the point i was in tears in the middle of the floor, and refused to cover the repairs, corporate was not much a better experience as they didnt care and wouldnt give me any answers. i contacted the local news stations and everyone in PITTSBURGH PA will know what has happened.

great sound system, easy ride, beautiful design

fix the pressure plates! tires wore way too quickly.

Worst car ever.
By briannnaaaaa

2010 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first car. I've had it for about 2 years and 2 months. I loved it at first, then things started to break. My window almost fell out on a highway, all my tires have been changed at least twice, and they went bald after a year and 6 months. I've had my breaks changed after a year. My passenger has stopped working, twice. So many more things have gone wrong with this car, I don't have enough room to type it all. I never should have gotten this car. It is horrible in the snow, and just starts failing after a year. I'm never getting another Mazda, and I'm ending my lease as early as possible. The driving is pretty decent, but it's definitely not worth the money.

Built in bluetooth, wireless MP3 streaming.

It needs better performance tires and brakes. It also just needs to be fixed in general.

catastrophic clutch failure at 14k miles
By natdallas

2010 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've really enjoyed driving this car.
I've driven two manual hondas, one subaru and an old datsun.
Never any clutch problems.
My 2010 Mazda 3 had a tight clutch one day, and then in the course of a day and a half, the clutch engaged the gear only partially--losing power--and finally, with a snapping sound, no power at all.

Miriam Stevens (at Mazda North America Customer Care) gave the impression that Mazda does not care about premature clutch failures on this car.
I mentioned the many web-postings about customers with similar clutch failures that appear out of nowhere, ending in sudden failure.
This issue is not the result of wear and tear.
Want to call lawyer.

Put This on Your Short List
By garfield3d

2010 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

In short, it's a lot of fun to drive. There are definitely other cars that have more power and finer materials. However, you'll have to pay more money to reach into that pot of gold. And, regardless of price range, few cars can handle the nimbleness of a Mazda 3. If you don't care about your driving experience, a Civic or a Corolla might be better. But, for anyone who likes to drive for fun, this car should definitely be on your list.

Without a doubt, Bluetooth has been my favorite feature in the i-Touring. I've found this thing to be far too convenient. In my old car, I've refrained from talking on a cell phone while driving, but the hands-free Bluetooth makes it easy to just tap the button on the steering wheel and talk away. At highway speeds, it does get a bit noisy for the listener to hear you, so you'll have to talk louder in those cases. The Bluetooth capability can also be used to play music from an iPod or your phone, and I've been teeing off on that feature too with my Blackberry.

Mileage could be improved. Additionally, the Bluetooth microphone should be placed somewhere where road noise isn't so obtrusive.