Used 2010 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 325 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Impressive Ride
By iCGAux

2010 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The Mazda 3 hatchback is an incredible value. So many standard features that you would most likely have to pay extra for with other comparable brands (Honda, Toyota, Subaru). The car is a joy to drive - handling is impeccable for it's class, engine is powerful for the weight to power ratio. My decision to purchase this car was also based on the new Consumer Reports 2010 best cars, which the Mazda 3 received an excellent rating. My only concern is gas mileage. I do about 50/50 city/highway and the car computer (neat feature) is averaging 25.5 miles per gallon. I fully understood the gas mileage expectations before purchase, but it would be nice to average 30 mpg.

17" alloy wheels w/Yokohama tires, bluetooth, handling, style/design (front grill), interior quality, sport cloth seating, front seats that "hug" your body, automatic w/option to sport shift, steering wheel controls.

Road noise, is noticeable, but expected for a car this size/class. Gas mileage at 30 mpg would be nice (city/highway); yes, it's rated to 29, but that's only if you drive complete highway.

Manual Mazda Forever
By roger bower

2010 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

well built,good priced,good looking/performing,reliable,roomy hatchback .. glad I chose the 6spd man over the auto .. way better performance and much more fun to drive .. would recommend to every owner to change out the original air- filter element with K&N, I noticed a huge improvement .. gas mileage is still disappointing for a 6spd man .. I got better gas mileage out of my old 2.5 Altima with four spd auto

torquey engine,6 spd man,handling,build quality/reliability,interior comfort

needs temperature gauge, easier to resd fuel guage .. needs better breathing air cleaner, changed out standard air cleaner element for K&N, huge improvement in performance .. gearchange could be improved, sometimes difficult to select desired gear .. fuel economy could be improved

Boring
By wassock

2010 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

With financial challenges looming I needed something less expensive to run than my Lexus IS250(which I loved).The styling and alleged reliability of the Mazda3 checked the right boxes.Unlike those who chose to write a review after a few weeks, I have waited 9 months so as to be more subjective. In a nutshell, the car is boring, gas mileage has worsened slightly, the engine is noisy, the center display is inaccurate..avg speed has not altered since day 1,outside temp gauge is erratic and virtually useless (the dealer says it is operating normally!) No big deal I know but it should work. That aside, I love the styling, the pearlescent white works well, and the car starts every day.

Exterior styling,handling,dashboard.

Make a center display system that is accurate, improve quality of Bose, bigger door mirrors, less engine noise and vibration.

Great Car!
By Draygonia

2010 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Great value and if you can skip the tech package, it is an even better value! Nice entry-level luxury car. Fun to drive, but I would have opted for the automatic. Very, very reliable, very sturdy. I feel as if I can get many miles out of this thing before it dies.

Very Reliable, fun to drive, decked out mazda is a really nice ride, great sound system

Ride is a little stiff, front end could improve, manual has abrupt shifting, seats are not very ergonomic.

Luxury on a Budget
By JAW

2010 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have bought dozens of new cars. You might say I am a poor man's Jay Leno. On Feb. 16,2010,I purchased a 2010 Mazda 3 GT 6sp man. sedan in graphite with 2MC,and 1TE.I got 0.0% financing and Mazda's $500 rebate.The 3 GT's MSRP is $24890,I paid $21920 plus $910 for tax,tag, and fees,total was $22830 O.T.D. I enjoy the driving dynamics, and the creature comfort features, which would cost between $5000 and $10000 in the BMW 3,Mercedes C,Infinity G,or VW CC I have owed. Thus the Mazda 3 GT is definitly Luxury on a Budget.

2MC,1TE,Bi-Xenon