Used 2010 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 193 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Better Than a Honda!
By Collette

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car! I was choosing between a Honda Civic sedan and this car and after test driving both at the same price I was so excited to buy my first Mazda after owning a previous Honda Civic.

The features at this price and it is so smooth yet powerfull to drive compared to a similar Honda Civic.

A little better job on the front grill looks funny. Also make a better place for the license plate on the rear bumper there should be bolts rather than screws into the plastic. I guess this is one thing that is better on the Honda!

2010 Mazda 3 Grand Touring Sedan
By det_wings

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned the car for about 8 mos and put 20K miles on it. I ordered the car with audio and tech packages (bose and nav system). Car handles great for its class (suspension is a little soft for my driving style, though). Ride is good, but not great. Road noise seems excessive. Gas mileage has been good for me. So far I've averaged about 27 MPG (about 90% highway miles). I can get 30 MPG if I drive less aggressively, so I think it's very good. My wife really likes the car, too. Now she says she wants to replace her SUV with this car. I give the car high marks for its class. Compared to others in its class, the Mazda 3 wins hands down in my book.

Looks inside and out. Bluetooth is great. Lets me play songs from my smart phone through the audio system without wires. Car also has audio input under the arm rest if your mp3 player isn't bluetooth enabled.

Better tires should improve issues with road noise. The nav system is the most annoying part. When driving in areas w/ HOV lanes, the voice prompt cuts in every 30 secs and says "Restricted lanes ahead. Please obey the local traffic regulations." Really irritating. Needs better config options.

Great Car!
By Draygonia

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Great value and if you can skip the tech package, it is an even better value! Nice entry-level luxury car. Fun to drive, but I would have opted for the automatic. Very, very reliable, very sturdy. I feel as if I can get many miles out of this thing before it dies.

Very Reliable, fun to drive, decked out mazda is a really nice ride, great sound system

Ride is a little stiff, front end could improve, manual has abrupt shifting, seats are not very ergonomic.

Luxury on a Budget
By JAW

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have bought dozens of new cars. You might say I am a poor man's Jay Leno. On Feb. 16,2010,I purchased a 2010 Mazda 3 GT 6sp man. sedan in graphite with 2MC,and 1TE.I got 0.0% financing and Mazda's $500 rebate.The 3 GT's MSRP is $24890,I paid $21920 plus $910 for tax,tag, and fees,total was $22830 O.T.D. I enjoy the driving dynamics, and the creature comfort features, which would cost between $5000 and $10000 in the BMW 3,Mercedes C,Infinity G,or VW CC I have owed. Thus the Mazda 3 GT is definitly Luxury on a Budget.

2MC,1TE,Bi-Xenon

Taller 6th gear for greater Hwy MPG

10,000 Miles After Purchase
By Idahed

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased our Mazda 3 to replace our old Ford Explorer. First road trip was 660 miles from Boise to Las Vegas. Comfortable (I'm 6'2"). Economical (38.65 mpg) (29mpg in town). Zoom Zoom! The car has been reliable and we're thinking of buying the hatch version now for our second car.

Seats are cloth, as it's too hot in the summer for leather here. Dash works great. Blue Tooth works well (a surprise). Automatic is smooth. We drove Las Vegas to Boise on I-15 in a driving rain storm. The car handled great. So...10,000 miles later and we love it!

Lost a pen in the cup holder. No idea where it'll end up so they need to fix that little hole. My wife is 5' and has complained of visibility. Not a problem for me if I set the head rests down. Fog lights are fairly inadequate. We had them installed at the dealership and wouldn't again.