Used 2010 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 193 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

No more Toyotas
By sabres fan

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I have had Toyotas my whole life and that is over. Having traded in my Tacoma (loved it) so my wife could have an SUV (Ford Escape) I was stuck in a Camry. BORING. Did some research and read reviews. Test drove Corolla Sport, Civic and Nissan Sentra. Never would have considered Mazda but I was looking for something sporty but not a "sports" car and I knew it as soon as I drove it that I found what I was looking for. Dumped my boring Camry and LOVE the Mazda 3. More room then any of the others and WAY sportier inside and out. Handles real nice and solid on the gas mileage. Pick-up could be better but once it is going everything is smooth.

Interior and Exterior are both sharp. Bluetooth is much better then Ford's SYNC as far as ease of use and reception quality

Sunglass holder above rear view mirror. Somewhere to put loose change. (I know, that is getting picky)

Love my 3
By leeharvey418

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Fantastic suspension, flexible engine, more features than are available on many cars costing a lot more, and decent room and fuel economy add up to a tremendous amount of fun and value. The car's only real shortcoming that I've found in six months and 9000 miles is that the stock Toyos aren't the best tires in the rain, but that's easily corrected.

The car's suspension makes you like to drive. The engine is very flexible, and I don't have any problem matching or beating the EPA's mileage numbers. Interior materials are first-rate. The features that either you or the dealer can customize make the car feel more like your own.

Not much- maybe make the customization completely accessible through the MID rather than some features only being accessible to the dealer. That and some better stock tires, but that's pretty much the case with most cars on the market.

Love it!
By lilkruse

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Major upgrade from 2007 Chevy Aveo. Far more powerful and nimble. All the bells and whistles. Two months after having it still very satisfied. One thing I thought of is how much safer I am and everyone else in this compared to my previous car or the SUV I used to drive. You can brake and accelerate quicker, and there is minimal body roll. You are in control of this car, whereas the SUV you are along for the ride. Just think of those Trucks and SUVs we all have to drive next to that need so much more room to stop and have to slow to a crawl to turn. This is a great vehicle. Great Job Mazda!

Handling!

MPG although it's a trade off I'm happily taking.

Fun Pocket Rocket
By KeysCop (retired)

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Excellent performance & handling. Surprisingly good mpg, I average 29 mpg. Fun to drive baby! Cons: speedometer/tac display view blocked by steering wheel(design flaw); small gas & odometer gauges seem almost an afterthought. Single high note horn is pathetic. No engine temp/oil gauges. And why would you put the fuel filler cap on the Right side of the car!!??

Outstanding Performance with 2.5L and still 29 mpg. Corners like a sports car. Exterior sport styling and sport seats. Bluetooth. Manual shift automatic transmission. Information display on dash

Redesign speedometer/tac display to be more visible. How about a real dual note horn!? Move the fuel filler cap to the Left (driver's side in most countries).

I LOVE my new Mazda3!
By Jaylee

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I cannot convey how much I LOVE this car. I bought it in Velocity Red with dual heated leather seats, 6 disc in dash cd player, bluetooth capability, you name it....and all for under $23000! I love this better than my 2003 Honda Civic EX coupe, which was a manual transmission. Too much stopping and starting to get the manual where I live, but I don't care. Smooth ride, every option is easily accessible to the driver. Gets much better MPG's than my Pacifica AWD, so I'm happy! Fun and sporty, what more could you ask for??

Awesome how the center console will slide forward for resting your arm...all with the click of a button! Really pleased with the dual climate control and dual heated seats and the information center. I like to be reminded of upcoming service to the vehicle without reminder stickers on the windshield

Maybe a little better MPG's, but who is complaining?! I think the s Grand Touring should automatically come with a rear spoiler as opposed to the rear lip, but not a big deal.