Used 2010 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 325 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Nice Car for the money
By phild

2010 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

My last 4 cars were BMWs. When I purchased the Mazda 3 I expected a great letdown, but boy I am surprised! This car is a joy to drive. Very comfortable and surefooted, goes exactly where you point it. It has many features found on cars costing thousands more. Feels very solid on the road. On my 2nd tank of gas averaging 25mpg. The hatchback carries lots of stuff, just a joy to get behind the wheel.

Blue tooth, interior features, lots of pep for an inexpensive car. Comfortable seats with good adjustment.

Needs a better horn

Definitely the best bang for the buck!
By johnnyBgoode

2010 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is my 4th Mazda that I have purchased. I owned '89 Mazda 626, a '09 Mazdaspeed 3, '08 MX-5, and now this '10 Mazda 3 GT Hatch. It's a great car with good MPG. The features of this car in it's segment absolutely blow the competition away. Trust me you won't be disappointed in what this car offers. It's very quiet inside the cabin and the engine is smooth and quiet as well. The features are insane! My car has: adaptive front lighting, fog lights, 6 spd manual transmission, 6 disc Bose audio system with 10 speakers, moonroof, bluetooth, leather seats, heated front seats, LED tail lights, automatic bi-xenon headlight, and many more too list. Truly the best bang for the buck!

Hands-free Bluetooth, 6 speed manual transmission, Bose audio, leather seats, trunk space, quiet cabin, decent gas mileage, LED tail lights, automatic headlights with auto adjust, power seat with memory

Stiffer clutch, better braking, just a little bit more interior room. These are not deal breakers, just something they can work on, on the 3rd generation Mazda 3.

I love my white mazda 3!
By Homer61388

2010 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought a brand new 2010 mazda 3 i touring with the white pearl paint. It's a gorgeous car and the quality and the amount of car you get for the money is outstanding. And the deals offered by Mazda can't be matched! It's not only a good-looker but delivers with the safety, comfort, handling, and decent acceleration/performance vs. exceptional fuel economy. All in all, it's the BEST car in the segment all around.

Bluetooth Hands-free calling, traction and stability control, 5 speed shift-able transmission, Sat radio, laser cut key, tons of air bags, tire pressure monitor, perfect paint job with my white pearl coat, I'm averaging 35-40mpg with mostly highway travel to and from work

These are all minor: No USB port! there's an aux. jack to play music from an ipod but no USB for computer or anything, the fuel economy meter is annoying: it tells you to put more fuel in after only 11 gallons have been used and the car holds 14.5- doesn't tell you miles to empty either.

Fun to drive, but a real fuel hog!
By Michael

2010 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my Mazda3 in Dec 2009, but ended up selling it just 6 months later. While the Mazda3 was absolutely a blast to drive, I never did fall in love with the goofy "smile" on the front end. The seats were tight and uncomfortable for any trip more than 20 minutes, and the interior styling was just too much black. But the kicker was the terrible fuel economy: I averaged just 25 mpg after putting 12,000 miles on the car. I sold the Mazda and got a Civic. Yeah, the Mazda was far more powerful, but the Civic gets 37 mpg on average, is more comfortable and is overall a wiser choice. Shame on Mazda for poor gas mileage!

Powerful engine, integrated bluetooth, hatchback has tons of storage space, nice steering wheel mounted controls. Overall quite fun to drive and a decent value for the money.

The seats are extremely uncomfortable. I'm 6', 200 lbs and I find them far too narrow for me. The interior is all black - too dark for my tastes, but some might like the look. Improve the fuel economy. For a compact car in 2010, this thing chews through gasoline like nobody's business!

My experience with the new 3 GTI
By Andrew

2010 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I really enjoy driving my car everyday to work, since I'm not a long distance driver, I really want to go on a long trip on my car, cause It feels great driving it. My car as an annoying sound on the dashboard that the dealer hasn't been able to identify, it develops specially on hot temperatures, it really bothers me, but everything else is excellent.

As all the technology I wanted to have on a car, I expect the quality is good so I can keep it for long time.

Mazda, you must work on road noise. It's hard to speak on the bluetooth and even listen to music on certain roads. NOISE is extremely loud inside the cabin. Paint get scratched easily, it needs a better quality of the paint. Also need the temperature gauge to monitor temp.