Used 2008 Mazda 3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Mazda 3 Hatchback

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Fun to drive with great value
By Dennis

2008 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I don't know where you can get a better car for the money. The body style, fuel economy, and "fun to drive" factor is amazing. I downsized from an SUV and wanted something sporty but under $20K for mostly city use. After 2,500 miles I am getting 24 MPG in town and 30/31 MPG on the highway. The Mazdaspeed 3 was even more exciting but it was too much car for my ice and snow roads. My only minor gripe is that the seats are a little firm for my taste.

A fully function computer printout for fuel consumption might be useful. The interior rear light for the cargo area is very dim. I have left it on by mistake several times. Seats are rather firm. All black interior looks a little dirty.

Great Car!
By Dean

2008 Mazda 3 Hatchback New s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Very sporty, fun to drive and loaded with features. The seats are very comfortable, love the aux input, peppy engine (2.3) and best in class looks.

ZOOM-ZOOM !
By Lee

2008 Mazda 3 Hatchback New s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 03 vibe to get ABS, traction control and a little more power, what I got was a car in another league entirely. I thought the vibe handled good when new, but as time went on I realized it wasn't that great (no ABS or traction control). I was surprised to be getting about the same gas mileage with the Mazda3, with better power.

The automatic 5-speed with manual mode is wonderful, even in regular mode it shifts smoothly and downshifts for corners.

The road noise is a little annoying, are there quieter tires?

Fun to drive
By RA

2008 Mazda 3 Hatchback New s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Needed something small and economical, without being a lame ride. Looked at corolla, and sentra. By far the Mazda 3 has the looks and the performance. Fun to drive, very quick. Not so fuel efficient only getting about 21 combined. Excellent handling.

The triptronic transmission, stability control. The looks. 2.3 engine.

Can't install splash guards with the side body kit. Cabin very noisy on hwy. Center arm rest to far back. Huge blind spot.

An Excellent Car for a Surprising Price
By TexasGuyJD

2008 Mazda 3 Hatchback New s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This car has many refined features and amenities of much more expensive cars. I would much rather drive it than my mom's pristine Lexus. This car is nimble, versatile with the back hatch, fold downs, and comfortable. I get compliments all the time on it. It is Metropolitan Grey Mica; sun/moon roof, heated power seats, Bose stereo independent suspension and a computer for about anything you can thing of, this thing just ROCKS. It is plenty quick and comfy at 85+ on the expressway if that's your bag. I stayed away from the turbo charger because the dealer in my home town wasn't certified to work on them, so I didn't want to chance it. I get 30+ M mixed driving! The AT, with manual mode is fun.