Used 2008 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 211 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

I've had a few problems
By Jessica

2008 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2002 Civic for my Mazda 3... I've had 4 Honda's in the past and regret my Mazda purchase some days. To start, the tires had to be replaced at 22,000 miles, my rotors are warped, and my a/c stopped working this summer because I had an issue with the thermostat. The only thing that the warranty has covered is the problem with the thermostat. It's not bad to drive and it starts every morning, but I certainly won't be purchasing another Mazda in the future!

steering wheel controls, traction control

better tires, better brakes

I upgraded and had some ups and downs
By Damian

2008 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I like the way it handles now versus how it did when I bought it. It's a used car with only 17,700 miles on it so it's a good deal. Of course I needed to fix some things before I could actually enjoy it like I now do. I like how it gets up there when I need it and when I out on a 1 to 2 hour drive I love the bose system. It helps to have soft tires greatly. This car corners nicely.

Driving it and looking at the dam thing. It's a true red shinny one. The sound system is awesome, the leather seats are great. I like the fact it looks much better than cars that are more expensive. It's steals looks everywhere.

These cars loosen up and start rattling and Mazda has to improve in this aspect 'cause it really sucks not knowing where that freaking noise is coming from boy! So I'm lucky.

Unsatisfied with the Warranty & Dealer
By Mazda3 itouring 4 dr

2008 Mazda 3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this mazda3 new and 3 months later I had brake/rotor problems. I took it to the dealership 3 times in 11 months, they mechanically fixed my rotors and 1 month later the same problem happened. My steering wheel shook every time i braked. I called Mazda one month later and the dealership and Mazda said i was not under warranty. What? Whatever they did to my car was not sufficient. I am still dealing with the problem and found out today i have a manufactures warranty for 3 yrs/36,000 miles. So, everyone lied to me and still nothing.

After all that mess my favorite feature on the car would have to be tiptronics & ipod jack.

Please have quality parts, trustworthy dealerships and no scams

Road Hugger
By Paul D.

2008 Mazda 3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car doesn't seem to lack all that much. Best priced in it's class. Ample power from the 2.0 engine. The stiffer suspension allows the car to hug turns in the road like a nothing else I've driven except a corvette. Fun to drive.Road noise is a bit above average on the highway. Stock Goodyear tires are junk. The wear way to fast and are no good in light snow. MPG is not bad I've gotten 26 mpg combined many times. Interior is smartly designed and comfortable for a small car. Base sound system sounds good but aftermarket speakers dramatically improves sound. If you're looking for a sport compact without a high price, this is the car.

Handling is outstanding, body styling, sound system, mpg at 26 combined hwy/city, spacious trunk for a small car, quiet engine for a 4 cylinder with ample power, overall quality that you. S. Car makers should copy, stormy blue mica paint

A little noisy on the highway, stock Goodyear tires are no good. Stiffer ride (but this car falls into the sports car class in my estimation), paint seems to chip a bit easier ( read complaints on that) but not a real issue at this time. Seat bottoms could be a 2 inches deeper for more thigh support

Great Great Car
By DYWB

2008 Mazda 3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Mazda3 brand new from the dealer. It has been the best car ever. The stock tires wore out at about 30,000 miles, but other than that if you take care of the car it will take care of you. I have changed the oil every 5,000 miles according to the factory instructions. It was a good winter car for the Midwest. Driving in steeper terrain it is solid. I love this car. I will buy another Mazda!

MP3 connector was a nice accessory. Liked the configuration of the controls on the steering wheel and dashboard. Interior was incredibly roomy for a small sedan! The body styling and exterior just looked sweet!

Stock tires wore out quickly.