Used 2008 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 211 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Great purchase
By retiredinaz1

2008 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought new in May of 2008 when I moved to AZ. I only have 43,200 miles on it and it still runs like new. I did have to replace leaky shocks once but that was only problem. I change oil every 3,000 miles so believe that helps.

I LOVE this car and hope it lasts me another 6 years!

Sun roof.....nice pick-up....

Bang for buck
By bstern92

2008 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Bought car for $13,500 in 2010.
I love the steering wheel feel and the radio controls.
Sound system is very good.
Seat material is very sturdy. The car has 112k on it and the seats still lokk new.
Engine is very peppy and the steering is sporty.
Only negative is the design is a little feminine.
Only repair was a temperature sensor.

2008 Mazda3 s hb
By dukefirst

2008 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Just traded our 2008 3 for a new 2012 Mazda5. Sad to see it go, the car has been absolutely bulletproof for us from Day 1. Can't recommend it enough. 67k miles and nothing other than scheduled maintenance for us! The is the poor [smart?] man's GTI.

road feel steering autostick shifting stereo

leather wrapped wheel and shift knob wore fast road feel - suspension def not for everyone back seat is tight with a car seat

Yet another engine failed
By densem

2008 Mazda 3 New s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

"It must have love but it's over now..."Just as so many of them, my engine failed at just 28k very light miles. Bought the car used (Certified) at d Mazda dealership with only 19k miles. No warning signs, no lights, not even signs of oil consumption. Noticed a subtle rattling noise over 2500 RPM, took it to the dealer - death certificate issued in 2 hours. The car was still under Mazda power train warranty. Mazda Motors of America refused to honor it.
Used top shelf synthetic oil, name-brand filters, never seen jiffy-lube places...kept all records and receipts and yet - warranty denied due to "lack of maintenance".
Save yourself the trouble, do your research, on the 2.3l engine. Don't buy.

Fun to drive, good looks, excellent handling, reasonable build quality.

Better engine, better paint, galvanized body panels. Most of all - customer service.

Mazda 3 high milage reliablity
By ksmike

2008 Mazda 3 New i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2.0 liter, 5 speed manual that I bought new in 2008, which I use for commuting to work in a rural area.
175000 miles now and still get 34-38 mpg (depends on the tires and season). The only part replaced was a new power steering pump was replaced as a recall.
Other than that, changed tires every 40,000 miles (you have to have frequent tire rotations due to positive camber), oil changes every 5000 miles, coolant flush.
I have not even changed sparkplugs, needed an alignment, or even needed to have the brake pads replaced.

Is a very nice handling car. Good chassis.

I guess we need to blame the goverment, but requiring TPS instead of mandating ABS is crazy.