Used 2008 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 214 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Engine Failure
By jrl6

2008 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Beware of Mazda engine.
Our story is like many others I am reading, and if only I were aware of the problems with Mazda engine, I would not have experienced such a financial loss.

I bought the 2008 Mazda 3i for my graduate student daughter from a known party, well maintained at 61000 miles.
We continued the routine service/small repairs for the last year.
at 74000 the engine timing chain broke on the freeway, engine overheated and car is a total loss.

Don't go near Mazda, we left the Mazda lot and walked into the Honda dealer, where I have many years of reliability.
Never again Mazda!
You can google the issue and we are not alone.

Very funny to drive
By yleclerc

2008 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car and maybe it's the best one I drove in my life. Very powerful for a little sport car but need a better conception for excessif user like me. Very safe to drive, I didn't an non-responsible accident who someone has crashed into me at 50km/h and felt nothing with those airbags.

Perfomance for that cartype, grip on the road, performance breaks, sportive sensation, good sound from speakers and auxilairy input for ipod or mp3 player.

Suspension used very quickly, paint and rust, engine mount.

2008 Mazda 3 Sport GT = Problems
By darkface23

2008 Mazda 3 New s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I can't believe any of these reviews I'm reading, so I am moved to write my own TRUTHFUL review.
I bought my 2008 Mazda 3 Sport GT new off the lot.
I made that mistake once, and I won't make it again!

I liked the looks of the vehicle and read reviews that indicated that the car was a good buy, so I purchased.

Problems I have had since buying include: paint pealing off body where rear bumper and quarter panels meet, both sides; carpet wearing out in several spots; brakes are a never ending problem with warped rotors and calipers that make noise constantly; bottom point of rear window is beginning to rust; shock leaked at 80,000 km; motor mount leaked and needed replacing within the first 25,000 km; airbag restraint warning light doesn't turn off, got to take to dealership to fix $$$$$$; automatic transmission needed to be replaced at 110,000 kms as it clunked going into 4th gear; now I hear a loud clicking noise from the gearshift area when it's in park and I depress the brake pedal.

Great purchase
By retiredinaz1

2008 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought new in May of 2008 when I moved to AZ. I only have 43,200 miles on it and it still runs like new. I did have to replace leaky shocks once but that was only problem. I change oil every 3,000 miles so believe that helps.

I LOVE this car and hope it lasts me another 6 years!

Sun roof.....nice pick-up....

Bang for buck
By bstern92

2008 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Bought car for $13,500 in 2010.
I love the steering wheel feel and the radio controls.
Sound system is very good.
Seat material is very sturdy. The car has 112k on it and the seats still lokk new.
Engine is very peppy and the steering is sporty.
Only negative is the design is a little feminine.
Only repair was a temperature sensor.