Used 2008 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 211 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

2008 Mazda 3 2.3L
By Sea Cay

2008 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After a full year of driving, I am still very happy with my 3. I researched several cars before purchasing, including the Ford Focus and Civic, but I got the most car for the money with the 3. Build quality and creature features are superb. Performance and handling are excellent, fun to throw into turns, and though it does not have the umph at acceleration of the Speed3, it is still fun to drive after a year. I live in snowy New Hampshire and went last winter without snow tires, and was sorry that I did. That being said, I still got through several storms with no problem. As a testament to safety, I was rear- ended at a stop light the first month I owned the car(!!!), and was uninjured.

Well thought out interior, supportive seats, room for 5, decent trunk for a small car. Love the steering wheel-mounted audio controls.

Gas mileage could be higher for a car this size (avg. 30-31 mpg after break in, mostly highway). Blindspots over shoulders, which I no longer notice.

Ol Dad's Retirement Present to Himself
By Ol DaD

2008 Mazda 3 New s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car since 1971 so I did lots of research and drove many cars before deciding on the Mazda 3. I needed the utility of 4 doors & a hatch, but wanted a car that was economical & fun. My driving is evenly mixed interstate & city, 5,000 miles since July. So far I'm very pleased with the car. It's fun to drive, quick, handles like it's on rails & never below 30 MPH. Mine is Copper Red, the interior is Beige & Black, very sharp. I have seen only a couple like mine in Indy. The 5-speed is precise & smooth. The traction control permits a squawk in 3 gears, with it off first gear will smoke the tires. Check out the competition, bang for the $$ Mazda wins;-) I would buy it again!

Performance & economy. Looks: distinctive-not everyone has one. Utility: 4 doors, hatch & fold down seats. Comfort: ride is firm but not harsh, seats are comfortable, interior is well thought out, controls are sensible, audio is good, The car is very quiet at speed except on rough pavement.

Beige cloth seats are attractive but hard to keep clean. Black carpet is a lint magnet. Hard plastic on interior shows all scuffs. Rear of car constantly collects dust. Weak horn & speakers which I replaced very easily myself. Rear seat does not fold flat.

Not Happy
By Not Happy

2008 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Tire noise is very loud! This is a 2008 that is eight months old with 24,000 miles on it. This is my work car and is driven quite a few miles a day. I was very happy with mine, until the miles started adding up. Besides the tire noise, there is a loud noise coming from the right front fender area. The Mazda mechanic at the shop said he couldn't here it because of the tire noise. They contacted the Mazda rep, and he came to the dealer in Ottawa IL., but they didn't even show him my car, and I was told Mazda would pay one third of the cost to replace the tires, if they were replaced at the dealer. Dealer wants to put a different brand of tire on it so it will solve the problem.

I LOVE MY MAZDA3
By Dobermanlvr

2008 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my MAZDA3 about 3 months ago and I love it. It is a pleasure to drive every time I get in and start the engine. My husband has a new 4 door jeep and he even loves driving my smaller economy car. The pick-up is fantastic and the exterior styling is so attractive! I could not have purchased a better vehicle!!!!

Pickup, handling, wonderful A/C & heater, HUGE glove box and trunk.

A trunk opener on the keyless entry clicker. More safety features on lower models.

Fun to Drive!!
By mark

2008 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Been driving my Mazda3 for over a year now, and absolutely no complaints. It's a ball to drive, and the 2.0L 5 spd, packs quite a punch as well. MPG are an awesome benefit, have averaged 36 mpg for the summer & 28 mpg for the winter. Took a road trip to the smokies this past summer, and the car handled awesomely in the S-turns thru the mountains. I am very happy to be driving/owning my Mazda3!

IPod integration, 2.0L 5spd manual, MPG! Good stock sound system.

Make HID lights standard on all vehicles.