Used 2008 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 213 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

The Yank Mk. 2 Ford Focus
By AufMitter

2008 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car has been a joy to own since new. No problems to date, just basic transportation the Mazda way - fantastic. Proper layout in the interior; Shifter placement is superb, and the tunnel nestles next to your right leg in perfect position as a rest spot on long journeys. Pedals light and user friendly. Exterior design is that of 'form equivalent function', meaning there is enough emotion but all of it is usable. Of course the chassis is up to snuff, ready to drive your any and every mood.

It's a 'put it in your back pocket' kind of car that grows not on you but with you. Super sound and reliable, I'm looking forward to actually keeping this car for quite a while. Oh yes, the amount for standard kit is quite impressive, and the overall car is an enduring design in saloon form.

Easy choice
By Mike

2008 Mazda 3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Mazda3 is hands down the best car to buy out of all the compacts if you're looking for value and maybe a little respect on the road. I test drove every car in this class trying to find a car that wouldn't bust my bank and was still fun to drive. Nothing compared to the Mazda 3 when it comes to the fun to drive factor and the amount of options for the price. If you like driving a manual transmission make sure you test drive this car. Nothing else compares when it comes to 5 speed manuals at this price. I've been nothing but impressed with my Mazda 3 so far. Mazda has done a great job of reinventing themselves.

Performance and styling. European styling inside and out make the car look like a lot more than a budget compact. The suspension is amazing and the engine is geared just right. There is virtually no lag when shifting unlike its competitors (Much better than the VW Jetta I test drove).

More trunk space would be nice.

6 months later!
By Melissa

2008 Mazda 3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I wrote a review about a month after I bought the car. I was overall happy with the car and still am. I just notice lots of engine noise. I inquired about Sirius radio and it's $715 to install and for parts that is insane. If they put the SAT button on my dash it should have already come installed and only needed activation. The paint chips ever so easily thankfully the touch up paint was only 8 bucks. I think it may be the alloys but when you hit a bump or pot whole the tire feels likes it about to fall off. I drove one with reg hubcaps and didnt feel that! I love everything else about the car and still dont regret trading my Cavalier...although sometimes I do miss her!

The ipod hook up. Still the power windows and doors

Trunk release on key fob. Cheaper satellite installation. Quieter engine

Fantastic! Good looking and Sporty!
By gina4321

2008 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned Lexus SC, BMW 325i, Merc. SLK230 etc. Mazda3 is what I have liked the best. My 2008 Grand Touring Sedan is loaded out with everything. Auto xenon headlights, 6 disk CD, tire sensors, Bose speakers, leather upholstry, steering wheel controls, auto sensor wipers, heated seats, sunroof, etc. All these items didn't even come on my BMW or Mercedes that costs way more than the Mazda3! Mazda3 hugs the road like a sports sedan without feeling all the bumps in the road, and handles very well. It's easy to get in and out of the car, black leather seats look fabulous and classy, dash lights up with all the lights looks rich. Gas mileage is super. I average 26mpg with regular gas. Buy it!

Steering controls, heated seats

Trunk release on key fob and electric seats. I have early 2008 didn't come with options.

At this price point, the choice is clear
By gsr

2008 Mazda 3 New s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I love my Mazda3 hatchback. It looks good both inside and out. It scoots around well enough and shines on the twisties. A lot of car for the money. I paid $17k with a year-end $2000 rebate for the S model with an automatic. I would have preferred a stick but had to compromise with the Mrs and opt for the auto - I've been very pleased with it though and have zero regrets with this choice of transmission. The best word to described this car is "zippy". I always look forward to getting behind the wheel. My anyone would rather buy any other car in the same price range is beyond me - but I'm glad they do because 3's aren't as ubiquitous as they should be.

Steering, handling, smoothness of drivetrain - fun, fun, fun! Drives like a car that costs $10k or more.

My right knee pushes up against the center console - if the brake and gas pedal were just a tick more to the left, or if the center stack were designed to make it more comfortable to rest my knee against it, would fix it - anyway, no big deal and I'm getting used to it after just 1 week.