Used 2008 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 136 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Easy choice
By Mike

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Mazda3 is hands down the best car to buy out of all the compacts if you're looking for value and maybe a little respect on the road. I test drove every car in this class trying to find a car that wouldn't bust my bank and was still fun to drive. Nothing compared to the Mazda 3 when it comes to the fun to drive factor and the amount of options for the price. If you like driving a manual transmission make sure you test drive this car. Nothing else compares when it comes to 5 speed manuals at this price. I've been nothing but impressed with my Mazda 3 so far. Mazda has done a great job of reinventing themselves.

Performance and styling. European styling inside and out make the car look like a lot more than a budget compact. The suspension is amazing and the engine is geared just right. There is virtually no lag when shifting unlike its competitors (Much better than the VW Jetta I test drove).

More trunk space would be nice.

6 months later!
By Melissa

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I wrote a review about a month after I bought the car. I was overall happy with the car and still am. I just notice lots of engine noise. I inquired about Sirius radio and it's $715 to install and for parts that is insane. If they put the SAT button on my dash it should have already come installed and only needed activation. The paint chips ever so easily thankfully the touch up paint was only 8 bucks. I think it may be the alloys but when you hit a bump or pot whole the tire feels likes it about to fall off. I drove one with reg hubcaps and didnt feel that! I love everything else about the car and still dont regret trading my Cavalier...although sometimes I do miss her!

The ipod hook up. Still the power windows and doors

Trunk release on key fob. Cheaper satellite installation. Quieter engine

Fantastic! Good looking and Sporty!
By gina4321

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned Lexus SC, BMW 325i, Merc. SLK230 etc. Mazda3 is what I have liked the best. My 2008 Grand Touring Sedan is loaded out with everything. Auto xenon headlights, 6 disk CD, tire sensors, Bose speakers, leather upholstry, steering wheel controls, auto sensor wipers, heated seats, sunroof, etc. All these items didn't even come on my BMW or Mercedes that costs way more than the Mazda3! Mazda3 hugs the road like a sports sedan without feeling all the bumps in the road, and handles very well. It's easy to get in and out of the car, black leather seats look fabulous and classy, dash lights up with all the lights looks rich. Gas mileage is super. I average 26mpg with regular gas. Buy it!

Steering controls, heated seats

Trunk release on key fob and electric seats. I have early 2008 didn't come with options.

Best Car For The Money
By CRW7096

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan New s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Replaced my 2006 Mazda6 i Sport sedan with this in October. Completely impressed by the 3's capabilities. I lost very little interior room moving from the 6 to the 3. Gained nice features like aux input and electro gauges. MPG could be better, but then again I drive on the aggressive side.

Sunroof, 6CD changer, aux input, passenger side fuel door, spoiler, engine power, piano black trim, steering wheel controls (had them on my 6 also, never will own a vehicle without them again)

Trunk release on the remote, trip computer, auto headlights, basically make some of the Grand Touring features optional on lower trims.

Traded Fit for m3, I feel young again.
By damian35

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Reminds me of my 1982 Rx7 except it's much better. It's all in one, powerful engine response, adequate mpg, sporty handling, nice suspension, loads of features in comparison with honda vehicles in this price range. Tremendous quality build. The trunk space is adequate for a car its size and I'm really happy I bought this car. It's simply the best bang 4 the buck. The stereo and sound system are awesome even when it's not the top one offered in the se version. I love this car because it's the best in it's class. I recommend it to anyone who wants the best car out there, look no more.

Power, when I need this car to flank full speed ahead it rocks. No corolla or civic can move like this car. I know this cause I smoked both car's already and it was easy to do.

Don't change it, it's not broke.