Used 2008 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 136 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Love this car!
By EAG

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I spent forever researching cars to buy and I test drove a few (the VW Rabbit, the Civic and the Toyota Matrix) before I was definite on the 3. The test drives clinched it. My mechanic of 15 years was also enthusiastic about the Mazda and now I know why. I am in love with my car. It is so sporty (looks and performance) and I couldn't be happier. I have the 5 speed and the shifting is so smooth, I would swear it was a pricier model/brand. I love to drive but I was looking for fuel economy too and I definitely picked a winner. The acceleration is excellent, but so is the fuel economy. 25-27 in the city, in heavy traffic, and 32-35 on the highway. Nice! You won't be disappointed at all. I'm thinking of buying another for my husband.

The best aspect is the style. I see my car and I almost can't believe how inexpensive it was. It appears and handles like a much more expensive car. The handling is sharp and the stereo w/the iPod adapter is also awesome. I recently drove an Accord and it confirmed that my car was the best choice!

A little loud in urban setting (we're talking South Bronx here). Potholes are a bit rough, but other than that, no complaints here! You won't be disappointed at all. I'm thinking of buying another for my husband.

Best Bang for the Buck.
By damian

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Outstanding suspension for hard roads,it feels sturdy and well balanced at high speeds. Fast off the blocks, stops on a dime. Combined 25 MPG = pwr & economy. Interior build is a superb finish, includes many options. Passenger glove compartment is easily 18 inches deep. Center arm rest sits above a 2 deck compartment with an MP3 and an extra electric outlet. This same center compartment continues toward the center where a door opens for 2 cup holder's. Telescopic steering wheel aids for precise seating comfort. Sporty European exterior accented with front/rear stylish lights which standout for looks. Mirror like paint job is perfect. Trunk space is big and not overbearing to the cars look.

Feels like a V6 at take off and handles like a sport car. Suspension is exact and it feels great. Fun to drive car. MPG are high for the power it packs and a 14.5 tank gallon means longer periods between fillups. Best Bang for the Buck.

This car only needs GPS, the 2009 already includes it. Other then that it needs drivers.

5 Month Review
By gzabts

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Very happy with this purchase so far. Car performs well on the highway, but where it really shines is off the beaten path (this car loves curvy roads). TVE packed with features, though not quite the gas mileage I had read about... yet.

Triptronic shifter, bottle holders in doors. Interior design is beautiful for such a low priced vehicle. Aux import and deep glove box.

Stock Goodyear RS-As.

Best Bang for your Buck! Fun to drive!
By DEDM308

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a brand new silver 2008 Mazda3. I got the i Touring Value package with the 2.0 liter engine. This is an awesome car. The ride is smooth, and it's really fun to drive! It gets average fuel economy for its class, but the power from the 2.0 liter 4 cylinder engine is much better than you would expect! This car can definitely take off, and the manumatic shifting on the 4 speed automatic transmission is a nice touch. Kudos to the people responsible for this design! It just goes to show you that you don't have to sacrifice style for your money! This car is beautiful! From the halogen headlights, to the black-out tail lights, and the optional 17-inch alloys - this is a sporty car!

Sporty styling, nice interior, long list of options, gas mileage, performance, and value.

Interior plastic could be upgraded a little bit, but it's really hard to think of any other improvements that Mazda could have made. This is an all-around awesome car! I love it!

The Yank Mk. 2 Ford Focus
By AufMitter

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car has been a joy to own since new. No problems to date, just basic transportation the Mazda way - fantastic. Proper layout in the interior; Shifter placement is superb, and the tunnel nestles next to your right leg in perfect position as a rest spot on long journeys. Pedals light and user friendly. Exterior design is that of 'form equivalent function', meaning there is enough emotion but all of it is usable. Of course the chassis is up to snuff, ready to drive your any and every mood.

It's a 'put it in your back pocket' kind of car that grows not on you but with you. Super sound and reliable, I'm looking forward to actually keeping this car for quite a while. Oh yes, the amount for standard kit is quite impressive, and the overall car is an enduring design in saloon form.