Used 2007 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 181 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Best car for the money by far
By KCD

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car as a commuter: 90 miles round trip up the canyons. Power is great and gas mileage is amazing. We average 35mpg climbing 2500 feet to get back home. We looked at the Corolla and the civic and there was no comparison. We went with the Mazda because of reliability, power, and gas mileage. It is also a much better looking car. This is our second Mazda, we still own the first: a 1990 Miata with 100K miles on it.

Power, gas mileage, design.

Did not like the leather interior so we had custom leather put in. Paint is horrible. Scratches easily, but then again my wife insisted on Black. And the horn is super soft. You will get a better reaction yelling than honking the horn.

40 mpg - why no press for that?
By rvoza

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's quick when you need it, it looks like a sharp euro car, especially in White. I've driven 85k in the 2 years I've had it, not one problem except new tires, no surprise. When I use Mobil 1 5-20 and drive 55, I get 40 mpg! Can you show me another non-hybrid car at this price that performs like that? at under $14k, the 07 is perfect for anyone on a lower budget. The 2.3 engine is faster and offers more color choices, but you'll lose 5 mpg. The 2.0 is fast enough unless you have ego issues.

love the sunroof/stereo package. definitely worth it. the ipod connection was a must have also.

No excuse for not having a trunk button on the remote. I don't like speakers on the rear door as they loosen over time from doors opening and closing, and the sound absorption by the backseats dims the volume. Put them in the back dash. Gas cap should be on the driver's side, not passenger side.

Fantastic after 2 years
By Sara

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has been one of the best cars I have owned. I live in small town Oregon so rarely ever see a freeway or a big city. Mostly I drive 60 mph between towns. My gas mileage is 30.5 around town and 36mpg when traveling. The manual tran is fast and fun to drive. I have had zero problems in the 2 years with only required service when needed.

Manual transmission. Gas mileage.Fun factor.

None come to mind.

I Love My Mazda3
By Randy

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first brand new car purchase and my first Mazda and I love this car. I thought the automatic transmission was trash so I got the manual. I get about 26 to 27 miles per gallon under mixed highway and city driving. I drive it pretty hard (I can't help it; it's fun to drive). I got rid of the whip antenna and replaced it with a Shark Fin Antenna and the car looks really nice with it. My friend says it looks almost like a BMW! The car looks REALLY nice in Black.

Fun to drive. Looks good. Spacious interior for a small car. Trunk isn't too bad either.

Cheap paint job. It handles good, but wish it handled a little better. Maybe I need better tires.

A must look in the small car class
By mikeman075

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After years of driving a thirsty pig of a Nissan Maxima, I decided I wanted something smaller and more economical. The thing is I was not willing to give up the fun to drive factor. After looking at many different cars, I always came back to the Mazda 3. It provides by far the most fun in its price class. In the nearly three years I've owned this car, I've been very impressed with the overall performance and quality. The steering and handling in particular are outstanding providing nearly BMW style feedback. I love this car as you could probably tell by now. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for a economical car but can't stand boring cars like the Toyota Corolla.

As mentioned above, the steering and handling are superb. The 2.0L has decent power and torque. I also like the overall layout of the interior. My 6'3" frame fits well inside. The trunk is also a bit larger then one would expect. Mileage is good, about 27 MPG in mostly city/suburban driving.

The OEM Toyo tires were crappy and wore out within 15,000 miles. The Bridgestone I replaced them with are wearing very well though so it was the tires rather than the car. Also, I would have liked the 2.0 liter available in the hatch version. I may have bought that over the sedan.