Used 2007 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 275 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Great value
By gogiboy

2007 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 07 new in March of that year.
In 4 1/2 years only scheduled maintenance was required. It has proven to be even more reliable than my previous Honda Civic over the same near 5-year period.

The hatchback offers versatility and the engine is punchy while still offering respectable mpg.
The interior quality compares favorably with other vehicles in this price category.
You can probably pick up a decent used one in the $10K to $12K range depending on condition/mileage, which makes it a very competitive car in the small hatchback category.

The 3 Hatch seems to offer that perfect mating of reliability and functionality with a small dose of sportiness.

Great engine with plenty of pep (especially with the 5 speed) and a quiet authority. Fairly nice dashboard layout and good--but not great--seats and dashboard materials. Wonderful, easy engagement clutch. MPG is good, but don't expect 30+ unless all your drive is interstate.

Better, more durable seat material like on the Civic SI I drove would be a plus. Like most, I would prefer even better gas mileage, but that would likely come at the expense of the zippy engine so going with the smaller 2.0 engine would probably be the smarter move if gas prices are a big concern. Although my car is white it seems to be a magnet for fender benders and has been hit three times--and it was parked and unoccupied each time!

Great little car!
By dsjones

2007 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my car used.
Have owned it for two years.
It is fun to drive.
Stiff suspension so expect it to feel every bump on the road.
It feels as smooth as butter on smooth roads and the road noise isn't that bad.
The A/C is strong in the warmer months as well as the heat for winter.
I don't like the black interior.
It is very hot, even in the winter.
I have had to turn on my A/C in the winter to cool the car down.

Not good car to drive in Maine winters when snow begins to accumulate.
Too low, at least for me.
I love my car but need to give it up for small SUV that can handle the deeper snow that I drive in.
In general, you will not be disappointed if you own this car.

Small and peppy car. Very comfortable. Good visibility in the front and rear. Great stereo system. A/C and heat work great. With the hatchback, this car is amazing what I can fit inside and haul. Lots of truck space. My husband, who is over 6 feet tall, and I drove this car from Maine to Washington, DC. It worked great. Lots of pep and easy to park! Gas mileage is good. Don't have figures. The stereo system is great. 6 CD player is wonderful!

There is no leg room in the back. The only way you might be comfortable in the back seat is if you are short and sitting in the front, there will be some room in the back. As far as improvements go. Can't think of anything. Don't expect this car to be a luxury, comfortable drive. It wasn't designed for that. It is fun, sporty and peppy. Very reliable. Go for it!!!

Our Mazda 3s experience
By chriscollins

2007 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Have only positive things to say about our 2007 Mazda 3s.
Knock on wood, we have not had any major issues, once standard scheduled maintenance.
Perfect for hauling all the kiddos gear around with us.
For the low price point I think we got good value.

Overall a big fan of the car.

Wow, I really like this car!
By robin82732

2007 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Well I just bought a used 2007 Mazda 3 and I have to admit, I like this car. Boarder line love this car. I went from a BMW 5 series to this car because of the need for better gas mileage and my BMW was getting a little long in the tooth. Although, not as quite and as luxurious as the BMW it has all the same features and then some. And, over 30 miles to the gallon and when you commute 80 miles a day that adds up very fast. All in all, I really love this car. Sporty, handles better than the BMW and surprised at how well the 2.3 preforms. I was a little worried about the whole handling in the snow thing but the previous owner put on some great tires and it is AWESOME! Highly recommend this car.

MPG, Aux. in. 6 Disc changer. Comfort, handling, style. All around a great everyday car.

Trunk release button on remote. Heated mirrors. Traction control light comes on when very cold (10 degrees or less) but will go off if you restart it. Weird. A lot more road noise than my BMW, but I kind of expected that. More sound adjustment on Bose system, bass is kind of muddy and could use at least a mid adjustment.

This is a Japanese BMW
By MazdaGirl

2007 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Mazda 1989. My first Mazda I drove to 134,000 without ever changing the gear shift. My second Mazda 2002 to 89,899 miles until I got rear ended on the interstate in her, I sadly gave her in I loved her. Now a used Mazda 3 2007 I-Touring. A writer on this site stated it right. It is like driving a Japanese BMW. Her interior is awesome. The seats are so comfy. I discovered city driving I am getting about 25 miles to the gallon. Highway driving I am unsure of at this point. Mazda brand is good. This car loves to drive but she is a bit sluggish than my old Mazda. It might be because I drove my old Mazda 9 years.

Seats and yes, it is like driving a Japanese BMW. My brother has a BMW and I find my car is better.

Better gas mileage.