Used 2007 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 275 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Everything I bought it for
By mudshark

2007 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car has done everything I expected very well. Mileage at 28mpg. Good performance with 5 spd. Fun to drive. Got rid of a Mini to get this and am much happier. I would have gotten the Speed 3, but need the mileage as I drive long distance to work. I am 6 ft. and 300# and car is roomy enough for me. I highly recommend the Mazda 3.

Roomy, good performance.

Low tire monitor acts goofy and is kind of useless. Get rid of it.

A happy "shotgun" marriage - so far!
By Russell

2007 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Became acquainted with the M3 as a rental car while an SUV we'd recently purchased was in the shop for some fit/finish issues. Liked how it drove and handled. BUT - our other car (Honda Civic Hybrid) was beginning to have serious premature trouble. Had to find something, fast. Looked at the Corolla and Civic, but we also test drove another Mazda3. Wasn't disappointed .... drove off the lot with it.

It feels very solid, typical Japanese design and build. "Zoom-zoom" truly is more than just a slogan with this car. After driving it 3-1/2 months and 7,000 miles, still getting used to the peppy engine - BIG change from the lethargic hybrid (trade out for great MPG: 0-60 in two days!).

MPG is VERY disappointing. I average 26-28 in mixed driving. I'd think a car like the Mazda3 might be 30-32. I'm rather conservative w/my driving habits - I can get 24-25 MPG mixed out of our 4cyl '08 Ford Escape SUV, but I've gotten as little as 26.5 MPG out of the Mazda3. Improve the mileage!

Sweet, Sweet Ride
By Alphaboy

2007 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I don't know what else to say about the mazda3 Touring sedan except it is a sweet, sweet ride. An absolute pleasure to drive. Lots of power, a pleasant little growl from the exhaust and it loves to go. Unbelievably responsive and grippy handling... just give me those twisty back roads! It's got a sexy, comfortable interior with easy to use controls and a great stereo. Firm seats that are great on longer drives. Absolutely fabulous on a summer afternoon with the sun roof open and people staring as I drive by in this sexy little car, with its copper red exterior sparkling in the sun! My only quibbles are less than great fuel economy and rear view when backing up. No biggie.

Zoom zoom. This car absolutely begs to be driven. The driver's position is like being in the cockpit of a fighter. What more can I say... this is a driver's car. Easily as good as cars thousands of bucks more expensive.

None really... it's amazing that they can squeeze this much car out of what is essentially an entry level vehicle.

I Love My Car
By Lauren T

2007 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my Mazda almost a week ago and I absolutely love it! The interior design is extremely sport and like no other sedan that I have seen, which caused me to pick the Mazda 3 over the Mazda 6. I have been searching for a new truck for the past few months. Then I opened my search to cars and fell in love with the Mazda 3. I viewed it for the first time on a Monday and purchased that Thursday. Driving it is so much fun! My husband drives an Infiniti G35 Coupe and I wanted a car that can keep up with his. I'm not sure if it can, but he is not complaining, LOL. I was a little disappointed on the gas mileage on a long trip, however, this week is looking pretty good.

I love the illuminated dash and how comfortable the inside is. The power of the engine makes it great and fun to drive for me and my husband.

I don't like the aux plug in the center console.

Mazda 3 Wagon horrible in Snow
By JKromberg

2007 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I replaced my 2001 Celica with a 2007 Mazda 3 wagon. Based on the first snow of the season, the Mazda 3 is the absolute WORST performing car I have ever driven. I got stuck in 2 inches of snow in the dip at the intersection! I can not make it up a mild hill that everyone else was flying up. My old Celica drove like a tank compared to this. I hope the problem is only horrible tires from the factory. If not, anybody want to by a used Mazda 3 Wagon? I should also mention that during the summer, the air condition could not keep up. It was 100 outside and 90 inside. The dealer said it was working fine. The car does have the utility inside that I was looking for in terms of a wagon.

Utility of a wagon. Good mileage (not to what was promised but it never is),

Decent tires for the climate where it is sold. Better air conditioner. Front seat that folds down forward like the Matrix/Vibe.