Used 2007 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 275 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

My axela experience
By Axela3

2007 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I love the car hands down. It makes me happy whenever I turn it on. Sound system is decent along with everything in it. Only complaint is the fuel economy. If it can be improved by like 2-4 more miles I'll be happy. I'm planning to add an intake system to increase mpg along with horpsepower. The value of this car is tremendous and I love it as much as my better half.

I love the interior of the vehicle along with the black/gray taillights. I like the standard mp3 capabilitiy along with style on the exterior.

I believe mileage can be improved and that is all

I love my car!
By Little Red

2007 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I dumped my horribly unreliable Volkswagen Jetta to buy this car, and I couldn't have made a better choice. It has been totally reliable and fun to drive. Gas economy is great. It's also super cute. Last summer I drove it down the West Coast and had a blast. It is comfortable for long trips, but also really convenient in the city. With factory issued tires it is not great in the snow. I have to put on tire chains at Mt. Hood when it's snowing.

Interior design, steering wheel controls, good sound system, fun to drive, fuel economy

I can't really think of any. It's a wonderful car, thoughtfully designed inside and out.

Good Looks and Great Mileage
By Don

2007 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for several months now. It gets better than advertised fuel mileage if not drivin too hard. I drive 50 miles to work everyday, over a mountain and average 36 to 38 MPG. I have had it on the open road and it gets slightly less, comming in at an average of about 34MPG. I think this is because at 75 MPH it is turning 3500 RPMs.You cant argue with getting around 400 miles on a tank befor the light comes on. I think the manuals could use a 6th gear.

Love the body styling. Looks way more expensive than it is. 2.0 is surprisingly peppy and smooth. Interior fit and finish is better than most in this segment. Though I would use brushed aluminum accents over the faux woodgrain.

6th gear for the manuals or higher final gear. Standard ABS on all models.Automatic headlights would be awesome.

My car
By nan lomeli

2007 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I live in a cold climate area and this car really performs well in the snow. it is easy to manuever and you can practically park this car anywhere!!

The interior is very stylishly designed and you get great features for a low price.

I wish they would give better audio system in the car.

Best Car I've Owned so far
By Guru666

2007 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the i sport base model, 5 speed (I don't buy automatics) with no power options. Handling and cornering is excellent, and the engine and transmission are smooth. Passing is no problem as long as you know how to drive. I have been very happy with this car thus far. It's a very affordable car that I actually take pride in. I wouldn't even consider a civic or corolla after buying this car. I drove the base model Mazda6 and would take the Mazda3 any day. I did put after market 17 inch rims on the car. With steel 15 inch steel rims I averaged 33 MPG mixed driving, with the larger wheels I average 28 MPG. This car is very reliable and I look forward to driving it every chance I can.

Overall value, handling, styling, gas mileage, reliability, and fun to drive.

Make power door locks standard. Make keyless entry standard. Make 16 inch alloys standard. More torque would be nice. Even my old 00 Chevy Z-24 with same horsepower and 30 lbs more torque was better off the line.