Used 2007 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 275 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Good All-Around Car
By JustAGuy

2007 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for almost a year and have enjoyed it very much. It is very comfortable and stylish and is a pleasure to drive. For being a naturally aspirated 4-banger, it also performs pretty well. It is a great daily driver that I am very proud to own.

This is one of the few cars that still offer a decent manual transmission. The guage cluster is sweet. Everything about the interior belongs in a higher-class vehicle.

The gas-mileage does not come anywhere close to the EPA estimates unless you drive like a grandma at all times. The estimated city mileage is a claimed 26, but I've never gotten over 21, which I had to earn by keeping the RPM under 2.2.

22,000 Miles - Still Glad I Bought It
By Compared it 2 others

2007 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it in Feb 2007. It's a great car - and I would recommend it. A big issue with me is I wanted to get the car in light blue, but interior was an ugly beige, so got it in gray with black interior. I can't do beige upholstery - I hate it. Got the car with the ABS & side airbags as well, which was optional equipment at the time. Also, I really wanted the 5 door, even though the back end of the 5 door is kinda frumpy, but 5 door only comes in the S Model. The car handles well, the stick is real fun to drive, and has good acceleration. I think I am getting about 27-28 MPG. I like the fabric used on the upholstery, but the carpeting seems cheap. The car has a good solid feel to it.

Car handles well - although road noise on highway is loud. Stick shift is smooth and shifts great, good braking, radio and rest of controls are well-designed and have good lighting at night. Downside to the dash is the plastic used in the center console below the radio looks kinda cheap.

Beige interior is not for a sporty car - stick with black or gray. Use same grill on the S on the I - the black honeycomb material in the I model grill is cheap looking. Keyfob - include button to open trunk. Add reserve power after ignition is off to close power windows. Sell 5 door in 2.0 I trim.

Many More For Me
By Chris

2007 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 Mazda 3 GS (which is second from the top of the line) this is a beautiful car. This car preforms at an extreme level and it has plenty hoursepower for a 4 cylinder automatic. When I needs to pass a car up hill or down the Mazda can pass it with no hesitation. I would definitely recommend a Mazda3 to anyone who was thinking of purchasing a fun car. The only problem I have with this car is that there is a squeak in the center console which Mazda says they can't fix. And after a night of the car being parked, the back brakes stick and then squeak for a few minutes, not a big deal but very loud. Besides these little problems that I found, this is an awesome and fun to drive car.

Sound system is amazing. 148 horsepower makes the car fun to drive. The steering wheel controles are superb. The four disk brakes are excellent when you needs them the most. The cabin design is very sleek and stylish.

More rear seat leg space, and a 6th gear would be great for making the car more fuel effecient. And a stock sub woofer, similar to the new Mitsubishis.

OK car
By tom

2007 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Have had the car almost a year and have enjoyed the handling. The very first thing is the fuel mileage is very poor. In town is 20.7 and interstate is 25, not at all what I expected from a 2.0 engine. Took a trip to AZ and was surprised at handling in traffic, and it felt roomy. I found nothing extra in the mountains as far as power. I guess the engine is a little small, which brings me back to poor mileage. I love the dash at night, doesn't blind me when driving.

Comfort and handling.

Fuel mileage.

Nearly perfect car
By Roger

2007 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car specifically to improve upon the gas mileage I was getting in my Maxima. Even though it's rated for 35 mpg, I routinely get better than that when it's warm out (37-38 is not uncommon). What I've found really impressive is that at high speeds, the mileage doesn't seem to be sacrificed. On the drive from Salt Lake to Laramie, I must have averaged around 80-85 mph and still achieved better than 35 mpg. The stereo is great for a stock stereo and the MP3 jack is a nice touch. I previously owned a 2001 Protege ES which I thought handled slightly better than the 3, but the 3 is a much better looking car. Somehow with the same engine as the Protege, mileage improved big time.

Gas mileage, styling, handling, sound system.

The air filter is a royal pain in the rear to replace (they don't even tell you where it is in the owners manual). I would like to see the 2.0L engine available in the hatchback version. Also, the ABS/side air bag package should be more readily available.