Used 2006 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 329 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

2006 Mazda 3
By surfrider1978

2006 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this vehicle. It's stylish and runs great. I've had zero problems with it since I bought in 2006. I owned a Honda Civic before, but the Mazda 3 is definitely beats it out on performance and pricing. I recommend this vehicle to first time buyers since is affordable, stylish, and runs great.

The engine runs smooth and mileage is great. The exterior and interior are a level above for an entry car.

automatic truck opener. I thought these were standard by now.

No regrets! Love this car!
By TM

2006 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After much research, I bought a Mazda3 hatch, LOVE it, decided to write a review since reviews helped me pick the 3. Comfortable ride, though can hear/feel road more than in some cars. 28mpg mixed driving, 36mpg highway on a recent 1,300 mile trip. Engine labored a bit going thru mountains, cruise control liked to rev 5mph at top of hils. Cruise control and audio controls on the steering wheel are great! Some reviews complain about the A/C--comfortable for the front seat, airflow to rear not as good but tolerable. (Change cabin air filter since this keeps the A/C at peak performance.) Nice hatch for extra cargo. Super 'compromise' for a racecar--sporty performance/handling, fun to drive!

Bold exterior styling/curves, gets noticed. Gas mileage--not as good as some in its class, but this car's performance, reliability, and all- around class trumps that for me. Compact, ease of parking in/backing from tight spaces and turning in tight areas, passes cars on the highway easily.

Ipod aux most definitely. Could hear air through driver's door around 75- 80mph on the highway, not noticeable most of the time, could just be my car. Blind spot (for me) on the front passenger side due to the molding, not a big deal. Better interior plastics, but good for an economy car.

This car has soul!
By BadgerPat

2006 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Mazda is the under appreciated Japanese brand, but they are the most fun to drive. I needed a commuting car and chose this as a nice balance between completely boring fuel economy and something that I would like to drive since I spend about 2 hrs and 20 min in it every workday. It is very reliable and you won't be disappointed if you buy one used. I am giving mine up to my 16 yr-old daughter and feel comfortable with her driving it.

Zoom, zoom, zoom Controls on steering wheel, easy closing doors, responsive engine, nice tight suspension for the money, a great value and fun to drive.

Some kind of hands free or blue tooth cell phone link.

Wonderful Car
By Steph

2006 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I leased my Mazda3 3 years ago. The lease is up next week and let me tell you I'll miss it. Unfortunately, space wise, it's not up to my standards anymore since I now have a 2 yr. old daughter. It was a true joy having this car. Excellent gas mileage, cute, sporty, peppy (I have a manual) and durable. My right front tire leaks air faster than the others but aside from that I haven't had ONE ISSUE!!! Whoever is lucky enough to get this car after me is buying a dream!

Attractive small car, surprisingly peppy and roomy in the truck, gas mileage +++, great service from dealership, inexpensive to drive with many features

Amazing little car. No improvements unless you need more space like me!

Good buy for your $
By KMJ

2006 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my mazda 3GT. (2.3) It's a great car for someone who is single or with a small family. It HANDLES VERY WELL..the manual transmission shifts nicely and the power-performance is surprising for a smaller car. I drove a a civic (exc SI), Corolla and Calliber and for about the same price ...it is by far a better buy!!!!

Performance and handling (excellent for a 2.3L) Sound sytem (6 speakes..it's amazing) The leather seats are heated and are nicely designed.

AC (could be better) Trunk is roomy but not that nicely designed from the exterior (personal opinion). Not enough leg room in the back... Remote trunk opener.