Used 2006 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 211 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Everything I asked for
By Kevin

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I leased this car and it did everything I needed it to do. It is a great commuter but it is not a long distance car. I needed to stuff things like jeans and pillows behind my back and next to the driver door to lean on for 5 - 6 hour trips. The style is great and I totally enjoyed cleaning and polishing the exterior. I have the rally white. The inside is less quality especially compared to my wife's Corolla. It is noisy at higher speeds especially as the oem tires wear. Good car to lease but I won't buy it. Gets 31/35 mph, same as the Corolla we check.

Handling, mileage, style/looks, cool interior lighting, reliability - only normal maint and tires. Good for what you need.

Interior quality, little things like carpets and a rubber foot rest for gas pedal foot. Quieter ride at highway speeds.

Poor Man's BMW
By GLC

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned this car almost 3 yrs. No mechanical/quality problems. Routine service only. Handles similar to my drowned BMW 325i, despite that it is FWD (specs for size wt and interior dimensions close, but definitely not nearly as refined as BMW, but ok for ~1/2 the price. Excellent outward visibility. Mileage ~22 mpg city and high 20's hwy. Good looking, especially to the younger set. Lots of amenities, leather, rain-sensing wipers, 5 speed auto with manual mode, atuo on-off headlights, side air bags, CD, heated seats, and more. Would definitely recomend this model for someone who wants a fun to drive, economical, utilitarian and reliable car that runs on regular gas. It is a GLC as in great little car.

Tight steering & turning radius, responsive easy to modulate brakes, comfortable and roomy, especially back seat, ride firm not choppy, more than adequate acceleration, fold-down rear seats, reg gas. One 2,400 mile cross country trip. Flawless.

Remote trunk release and a real horn. Auto windows up and down and auto close sunroof. Driver's window auto down only and sunroof auto open only.

A Great Value and Car
By davgar40

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 3s new in 2006 and am very happy with the car. It looks great inside and out. It also gets pretty good gas mileage. I get about 32mpg on the highway and about 28mpg with all around driving. The access to the trunk is a little small so I can't fit things like my guitar amp in there but that's not a big deal. Tires lasted as expected and wore out around 42000 or so. I changed from the Goodyear Eagle RSA to Yokohama S.Drive. The new tires cost less and grip the road even better than the original tires. The seats are very comfortable especially on long trips. It's a great car and all for less than $20k brand new. I did add a cold air intake and catback to the car too.

6 CD changer and the sunroof are my favorite features. The stick shift and handling of the car are also great. Body styling is sporty.

I know the newer models have an MP3 jack but it would be nice to have. A larger trunk opening would be of benefit for larger items.

Gimme a break
By silver mazda

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I like the car but the brakes are a problem. Sometimes the brakes go down to the floor, sometimes it feels like it is hitting metal and sometimes it feels like I am hitting an empty box. The dealer out of a courtesy changed the front pads only as they were worn 30 percent. The rear pads are worn 50% and they refused to change them. I will see if this repair helps with my problem. I never know when my brakes will go out on me.

The radio. seats are comfortable, and A/C works great

Need improvement in gas mileage. We get less than 20 miles per gallon. The brakes need improvement.

Sporty - Reliable
By sclwkr

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

58000 mile on my zoom mobile. Needed tires @ 32000 mi. No other major issues. Gas mileage is 31 city/hgwy. 35 mpg going long on hgwy. To work & back daily 2.3 engine rocks. don't be afraid to rev. Great wet, ok in snow. Thank God for ABS. Minor probs: console intrudes somewhat for long trips. Odd oil filter to change. Floor mats look good but wore thru quick. Took off Toyo oems and put on Yokos. Sticks to curves. Sound system rocks. Sunroof a must. Golf clubs fit nicely in trunk. Highly recommend! ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM

Pick up is amazing. Looks great comin' and goin'.

More tilt wheel positions, better oem tires, key fob trunk release.