Used 2006 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 329 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Get one!
By caitshappy

2006 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Entry level sport sedan that has all the options of BMW or Lexus, without the price or maintenance issues. Handles like a true sports car. Average 25 mpg with 30 hwy. Road noise is an issue but with proper tire choice you can reduce the noise. Super smooth gear box and clutch with outstanding disc brakes on all corners. The grand touring is a must as it has all options and is inexpensive. I don't believe in buying strip models as they are a dime a dozen and resale is poor. Mine is a 06 grand touring with 18,000 original miles. I paid 13.500 in n. California. Research your vehicle and then buy a lot of car for cheap.

Build quality, handling, loads of luxury options. Bose system rocks, easy on the wallet. Auto wipers are connected to your brain, I don't even think about, or adjust them. Put in in auto (forever) and play with other things.

Higher quality carpets.

Loaded for the money
By Hong kong fooey

2006 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I cant believe the bells and whistles this car comes with and still is incredibly low priced,add to that the build quality,you cant go wrong.This car is great for a first time buyer or for someone who realizes that BMW has very little on this mazda.

luxury items throughout the grand touring.Great handling,great breaks with no fade

Road noise,and its no worse than my 30 grand maxima.Still getting used to the rotary dials for the heating and cooling,lack of detents on these controls leaves little or no feel.

Zoom-Zoom A+
By Bibby

2006 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned 8 new cars including a BMW, Acura, Jeep, and a few GM's. My Mazda 3 has been my favorite car and the best value by far. To date I have over 100,000 miles and have replaced only the front brakes, windshield wipers, and one set of tires. I can't say enough good about this car it still as tight and rattle free as the day I bought it. I recently loaned it to a friend and they were amazed at how quiet it still rides and what a solid car it is. I have consistently gotten 32 MPG in mixed driving.

economy, reliability, and the $17K sticker price!!

Make the 2.0 Liter available in the hatch.

I No Longer Desire An Audi
By Velma

2006 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I researched and researched this car and decided to get it. It's awesome in everyway, and I've had no problems with it. My dream car is the Audi A3...but now I don't know. I'm very happy with this car in everyway. I drove from NC to Toronto, Ontario and had the best drive.

I have the all leather interior and you really could not tell that this is not a luxury vehicle. Very nice interior.

A luggage rack would be nice, I wasn't able to get one for this model :(

luxury finnaly at a reasonably price
By machr85

2006 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Very impressed with this car, my friend had the mazdaspeed3 and I drove it one time and thats what got me into it, I couldn't afford the speed3 but got a 06 hatchback gt, I must say the interior has nothin to envy thus of a Lexus. Performance is great ride is great, only thing I'm waiting is for repairs hoping since is a Japanese car it might be expensive.

interior looks and options