Used 2006 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 329 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Tire issues
By KayakMazda

2006 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

So I am having a similar problem, alignments off, and I am not rough on driving. The tires won't last long and I have gone with several brands, they still couple. (sp) I will say Dealership was great with belts and replacement pricing. That was Gainesville GA Mazda. Cheaper than my normal mechanic. shocking.

I went from xterra to mazda3 hatch and it has a lot of room and it is like a sports car to me. I can still haul all the gear that I normally had with xterra.

Find a way to keep alignment on, and better tires that will last longer.

I love it
By Matt Blanchette

2006 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car drives amazing, is very comfortable, is extremely stylish for its class and price, and provides an experience that I have yet to feel in a car less than $30,000. Mazda love is hard to comprehend until you own one and realize the value you get, and the experience you get is unmatched. I bought it for the looks, fell in love with the drive, and have absolutely no issues with reliability. I've owned it a year and have already put well over 20,000 miles on it and it has had no servicing needed besides basic oil changes, ect.

The interior design is the reason I fell in love with the car, nothing else delivers such a sharp feel while sitting inside it.

The car with its regular tires is junk in the snow, though with snow tires its as if there IS no snow. Better snow traction would be my suggested improvement. Also I would love if there was a sedan that had a turbo in it, that would be extremely attractive.

What's up with these tires!!!!!! Help!
By Graciegirl

2006 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Mazda3 hatchback but, I can not seem to keep the tires from "cupping". I am replacing tires about every 25,000 miles, this is getting expensive. My dealer has replaced tires for me twice but, has never actually come up with a solution to the problem.

Fun car to drive! Never a shortage of power, great handling.

tires, tires, tires......can Mazda even admit this car has a problem with tire wear!

So Far So Good
By Matt

2006 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The exterior look of the car is about average for an economy car. I think its a tad nicer looking than the civic and corolla. I test drove all three, and walked away with Mazda as the clear front runner. I would imagine that a Civic will typically be more reliable way down the road than the 3, but we will find out. The 3 feels sturdy (corolla did not) and it has more get-go than the civic had. I was in a car accident(vs a Trailer truck) last winter and the car appears to have recovered nicely and I'm alive to talk about it. If you are looking for an economy car, give the 3 a shot.

Interior look. Get-go (for an economy 4 banger). Safety/Sturdy (survived a big accident).

None to speak of really. Maybe a longer Warranty (though I didn't use any of mine)

SAYYYWEEETTTT!!!!
By STERN1

2006 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this brand new, loaded. I drove 500mi a week to and from work..this car is AWESOME!! It was red mica w/ black leather. I just sold this car to a family member and REGRET doing so. Only complaint is i was on my 3rd set of tires (low profile).. other than that NO problems.. I was averaging 29-32mpg with regular gas.. S Grand Touring(loaded)is the way to go.. Bi-xenion headlights DO make a difference.. especially in fog and with deer... Kids are comfy in backseat, big adults may not be as comfortable.. Great economical and reliable car.. Mazda got it right with this one!!! LOVED IT!!!

Bi-xenion headlights, 6disk cd changer, heated leather, moonroof, fog lights, GAS mileage, and AUTOSTICK.

Watch the tire wear.. but mine was probably because i choose low profile tires....