Used 2006 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 329 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Arrest Me Red Mazda 3 Sport GT
By XPTaurus

2006 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I own the Mazda 3 Sport GT. I was a die hard Honda fan. One look and a test drive changed all that! I absolutely love this car! Thanks Mazda. It's got the feel of a formula vehicle.You can actually feel it in the drive. Handles great in our harsh Canadian winters. I know because I have an hour drive to work every morning then an hour home every night. I even tried talking my wife into getting one. Thanks again Mazda.

Heated mirrors and the trunk adaptation features. Adjustable lumbar support.

Portals for mp3 players and I don't mean a transmitter. Slight adjustment of the center console. Too sharp of an edge at the driver's side knee space. Standard colored brakes will make for a sharper more aggressive looking sport model.

Fun Car with Annoying Problems
By optimus

2006 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been very, very fun to zip around on both the highway and city. However after only driving it for 6 months my clutch pedal became squeaky (replaced under warranty). Then a month later my brakes became extremely squeaky even though I still had 75% of the pads left. I plan on taking it in again soon.

Shifter and handling.

Don't use such cheap brake pads (regarding noise) and upgrade winter performance of all-season tires.

Good car for the money
By zoomzoomfan

2006 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car to own, but if you are considering a new Mazda3 then you should be warned about the tires. The Toyo tires that come on the Mazda are worthless. I have 25K miles and I've needed new tires for the last 2K miles. I've heard similar stories from other Mazda 3 owners. My suggestion: make them put on different tires for you before you take it home!

The styling both exterior and interior. Gas mileage is good on the highway. I get about 37 on trips.

Junk the Toyo tires and go with a better brand. Also, Mazda should redesign the dash so that you don't hit your right knee on the drivers side.

Great Car - Poor Quality
By wardboom

2006 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car drives excellent and feels solid. However, I have had problems with the engine light repeatedly coming on (5k-10k miles) for no reason. The repair is under warranty but it is a nuisance to keep taking the car to the dealer for repair. Now at 38,000 miles the driver’s side wheel bearing needs to be replaced and the tires need to be replaced soon. The wheel bearing is also under warranty but I am told that the tire is normal wear and tear. It appears that the tires are an off-brand. I like the car but quality is poor. I would not buy another Mazda of any kind.

Smooth ride, great dash board, and radio.

Quality parts and manufacturing.

Heart of a Sports Car - Sleek Looks
By HorsySce

2006 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have 25,000 miles on my winning blue hatchback and am very satisified with my purchase. It accelerates fast and handles like a Porsche. It looks great on the road (especially with tint). It could use slightly better gas mileage, but it's not too bad. One complaint is the tires - the Goodyear Eagle RSAs it comes with from the factory are pretty great in the summer but useless in the winter. The hard rubber freezes up and is dangerous with even an inch of snow on the ground. I frequently got stuck in the snow. After purchasing Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires for the winter, I'm very satisfied. I recommend doing the same.

Road handling, power everything, steering wheel controls.

Factory tires are dangerous in the winter. I'd like a plug for my mp3 player (2007 models now come with this).