Used 2006 Mazda 3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

3 hatchback s GT - 5 speed -Titanium Gray
By 783

2006 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Very pleased with the car, performance & handling, interior, stereo is amazing. Haven't yet driven in snow, but I have a feeling that it will be reliable. Everyday that keeps looking better & better.

Handling, pick-up, stereo sound and the 5 speed is so good.

Should have wider and lower tire at least (215/45).

ZOOOOOOOM!!! :)
By paradude

2006 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I needed more space than my Protege offered, so I traded it in on the 3wagon. WOW! What a car!

The liftback lets me carry all the stuff I need to haul around for work or play and still looks good.

The electric steering can sometimes feel numb, and I would like the steering wheel to be a little more vertical (I learned to drive VWs, so I'm used to their driving position), and an auto down/UP on the power windows would make sense, otherwise don't change a thing.

Best compact car available
By cdsmith_2002

2006 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Mazda3 is the best built compact available. The interior quality is amazing for this price range. I can get 34MPG on the highway and the motor is not broken-in yet! The exhaust sounds and looks great. I have no styling complaints with this car. Minor issues include that the economy display does not alway coincide with the calculated MPG and the glove box door rattles.

(1) Gauge pod and radio illumination. (2) Xenon head lights. (3) Auto on head lights and wipers.

(1) If the 2.0L in the Miata is rated for 170HP, tune the 2.3L for more than 160HP! (2) Would like a factory option for a clear-front-bumper stone guard product.

3rd Mazda
By CJ

2006 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Mazda, and probably not my last. As always, I am quite impressed with their product. Tons of fun to drive, and fairly economical. Averaging 26 MPG thus far with "spirited" driving, have reached 31 when taking it easy. Not bad for a car that is this fun to drive.

Smooth manual transmission, exterior/interior styling, eager to rev engine.

Fix the glove box rattle. This is a problem Mazda knows about, but has yet to correct. Other than that, typical Mazda quality all around.

A fun car
By John

2006 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Mazda 3 hatchback for about 10 months. This car is fun to drive. There is a bit more road noise than some of the other cars, but the stereo system with Sirius radio takes care of any background noise. The navigation system works well. I am getting an average of 25.5 miles per gallon (city/highway driving). The controls are easy to get to. Seats are firm and supportive. With the rear seat folded down, my golf clubs and pull cart fit nicely.

2.3 engine, handling, stereo system, navigation system, 5 speed automatic transmission and styling.

Power seats.