Used 2005 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 181 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

I love my Mazda!
By Kec5142

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I haven't had a single problem with this car. It runs like a champ and looks great. I have kept my car in excellent condition and I keep up with routine maintenece so it runs like it does. I love this car.

The paint job on the 05 Mazdas are unlike anything I've seen before. The matallic flake is amazing in the sun. The new ones just don't have that. It's quite a shame.

I just wish that Mazda would have made an iPod (aux) hookup and variable windshield wiper speeds standard in 2005. The FM transmitter is a bit hard to use with the static. The windshield wipers have 3 speeds. there needs to be an adjustable control between too slow and too fast.

I Love This 3
By LA DRIVER

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan SP23 Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I bought this car back in 2005 when her Honda went out. Almost 3 years later I still love it. At about 300 miles per tank city/hwy driving can't complain. I just love the performance for such a compact car, leather seats, GPS, 6 disc CD, 5 speed man., when sitting inside it reminds me of my BMW at half the cost. Great power and lots of trunk space esp when rear seats are folded down. The 3 is truly a car in it's own, with aftermarket performance tires it handles as well as my BMW and is great to drive through corners and the straights. Over all this is a great car to drive in the city as well as the hwy. avg. of about 32 mpg hwy we make it from LA to San Jose in 1 tank. LOVE my 3.

Handling, leather seats, sun roof, GPS, audio, looks, lines, features, HID lights

6 gear for better mileage on hwys. other from that, perfect car in my eyes.

Awesome!
By Kristina

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have absolutely loved this car! It is fun to drive, pulls uturns on a dime and is so comfortable that 3 people for 15 hours in the car was no problem. I am so happy with this purchase!

After 4 SUVs I fell in love
By Kristen

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have previously owned 4 SUVs (2 Fords and 2 Jeeps), so I was more than a little hesitant to exchange my 4x4s for a compact sedan. That is until I drove the Mazda3. I drive 50+ miles to school and back 5 days a week, and this car makes the commute fun. I love on-ramps and passing. The car has so much zip. I love, love, love the fuel economy! I record my average for every tank, and it's always been around 35mpg (33-36). The driver's seat offers great visability-something that I was afraid of missing after driving SUVs. Regular oil changes, and you are good to go! I get complements on my car all of the time. I couldn't be happier with my Mazda! Civic beware!

Radio and cruise controls on steering wheel, exterior styling, fuel ecconomy, powertrain, cup holders (6), glove compartment (huge!), highly adjustable driver's seat, front and rear side airbags

Improve road noise on highway, higher quality factory break pads to prevent rotor noise and break dust excess, auto daytime running head lights, 5 speed auto transmission

Great value
By Great from A to B

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first car that I have owned and I bought it new in 2006. I loved this car for all seasons but winter. This car is horrible in the snow! The handling is great if the roads are not wet. The car is overly noisy going over puddles and water. I have no other complaints about this car besides driving it in snow/ice.

Gas mileage, I get an average of 34 mpg. A lot of trunk space, sporty looking.

Keyless trunk entry, this is a must.