Used 2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 307 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

3 years of cross country driving
By ellenmagellen

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Where should I begin? I think I've truly put my 2005 mazda3 hatchback to the test. I'm now 24 and I've put exactly 50,000 miles on my hatchie since 1-2006 packing up my life and somehow managing to get every box, bag and loose item into the back all 9 times; yes, I've lived a crazy past 3.5 years and yes I don't own any furniture hah and yes, this car is magical! I can't complain a second about my Mazda so far, have had no problems. I've kept up on my oil changes, got new tires last summer, and here I will now mention that I've put my hatchie through 3 brutal Michigan and Minnesota winters and the baby is still as good as new. I recommend the heck out of this car!

Tip-tronic transmission is awesome and fun and very useful to be able to switch back and forth(auto and manual), awesome bright colorful dash display, exterior design is sporty and quality, GREAT MPG!!!! steering wheel audio controls!!, back seats fold down soo easily, low profile tires, sexy wheels

I don't think I can think of anything to improve about this car! The gas mileage is great, the workmanship has proven, performance top notch, no I was not paid by Mazda I just feel like I've been by having purchased this car!

Awesome Ride!!
By Myran22

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE this car!! I have not had any problems with it! I bought it used in 2008 I own the 2005 Mazda3 S. I have had it for a little over a year its almost at 49,000 miles. I have a friend who owns an older Mazda626 which has been an awesome car for them which was one of the reasons I actually considered buying it. I had originally wanted to buy a honda accord but I have actually been happier with my Mazda than I think I would have been with the Honda. It was cheaper but I definitely don't believe its cheap quality. Ford makes Mazda and Ford's are usually pretty dependable however this car is like no Ford that I've ever driven.

After the 1st one I did it again!
By oscart

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After we picked up my wifes mazda 3 2007 grand t. I had to have one too. I loved my nissan z but for the price this car is a sleeper in the USA. the 3 lets you feel the road and it likes to be pushed.

handling.the whole design.

nothing is broken leave it alone.

my wifes other man
By KING OF NY IN VEGAS

2005 Mazda 3 SP23 Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I purchased our metalic red 3 new .Granted her commute to work is 7 miles round trip , this car has performed flawlessly.no squeaks or weird noises at all.All I've ever done to it was change the oil and rotate the tires .Thats's all it ever needed. Maintenance is very inexpensive. It's a little cramped for me at 6'4 305 lbs butit drives very well . It's quiet but very sporty. The handling in off the chain!The tranny has been reliable but needs another gear,the engine needs another 20-30 hp. MY wife picked it over the coblt because of it's cheezy interior,it has better styling cues than the civic which to her is a me too car.I highly recommend this car to anyone, its that good.

Reliability,styling,handling,features and resale.

Mazda has already addressed those items in their new mazda 3 with the 5 spd auto and a few extra ponies. and hopefully they widend the space between the front seats or trim the center console down to keep knee and other leg room provisions comfy in future models.

Zoom Zoom, indeed!
By Michigan_guy

2005 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned an '89 Toyota Tercel, an '02 Chevy Prism and now the Mazda. Love. It. It's got a lot longer gear ratio than most 4-cylinder cars and at highway speeds can very capably accelerate past everyone else who's not having as much fun in their car. The interior has an excellent design, the exterior looks fluid and lean and all of the mechanics seem above average on dependability and ergonomics. I might never buy a different car.

Good balance of engine power and mpg. Manual tranny is forgiving and smooth. Stock speakers won't blow you away but definitely better than most. Can't say enough about the looks, either. This car would have been on prom court.

Find some alternative to the gigantic plastic shield under the engine bay. I don't think I've ever seen a more blatant attempt to force people to get their routine maintenance done at the dealership. It does keep the engine clean, though, so my problem is with the delivery, not the idea.