Used 2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 307 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Not Bad!
By flow_motion

2005 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a used automatic Mazda 3 Sedan January of last year. It had about 103,000 KM. One year later, it's now at 123,000 KMS +... This car rocks! It's been very reliable, has caused me no trouble. The dealership have been extremely curtious, and polite. I'll definitely buy another Mazda! I agree with one person though, the accessories at the dealership are way over priced. Nonetheless, this car definitely packs in the "zoom zoom". The auto transmission should've been 5 speed rather then 4. Gas mileage in the city isn't good for a 4 cyl engine. Those are the negs... The pos outweigh the negs 10 fold! Love the red interior lights!

Red Interior Lights Reliable Price

they need 5 speed automatic engine Better gas mileage better/more powerful car lighter Include a GPS Windsheild wipers (the first setting is way too slow, and the 2nd is way too fast. They need a middle of those 2 options!)

Has everything
By dodo

2005 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car new. Has everything one could want: -Great gas mileage avg 32mpg -Room for the family -Slick -and I mean slick!- manual shifter -Fun to drive -Reliable (have not had a single problem)

Manual shifter - super intuitive, it guides you into the next gear and fun to drive

Work on reducing roadnoise

I LOVE this car
By cyn

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in college over 5 years ago and put 85,000 miles on it - no mechanical problems whatsoever. It's extremely reliable, inexpensive to maintain, handles well, plenty of storage area, and has good gas mileage.

Road noise

Well Done!
By J Delo

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have an 05 Mazda 3 S and I just hit 170,000 miles. I purchased my Mazda new in Nov of 04. I am a rough on the vehicles I use and I needed something that could handle my "abuse". The Mazda 3 stood up to the test. I have literally run the engine to its limits. Note that even though I am bad about performing regular maintenance, the Mazda still survived and continued to run well. I thought in the beginning that this vehicle may not handle me as an owner. I am proud to say Bravo Mazda 3! Well done!

Sporty, great gas mileage, fun and reliable.

I have seen the changes that Mazda has made on the 3 since 2005 and I would say that those changes addressed my "cosmetic" and "functional" issues.

Work of Beauty!
By Victor

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Mazda3 is just a fun drive. It doesn't just get you from point A to point B, it makes you want to go to point B. while some might see that as a problem, i think the worst part about this car is that you just want to keep driving. A lot of the reviews you read online say that they don't like the engine noise when your accelerating. But i see this as a plus, since it only gets loud when your trying to go fast. The Mazda3 makes 120mph feel like 40 and handles like it to. Great car great buy, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Handling, Comfort, Design, Color