Used 2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 304 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Very cool car!
By Justin

2005 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am a new buyer of Mazda cars and so far, I am impressed. Everything about this car works for me. The look on the outside as well as all the standard features are awesome! I have a 3i sedan with the standard trans. and the power out of the 2.0 4cyl is more than enough for comuting.

I like all the standard equipment on the interior like the controls on the steering wheel and the CD player. I also like the size of the trunk and glove box. More rom in the trunk than the Honda I had before by far.

The sound system is OK.....could use some refinment...seems like the bass isn't very good. Also, the air conditioning seems to be a little weak when it is humid.

What a blast
By kmh030

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This thing is so much fun to drive. Get the 2.3 motor (not the 2.0). It is so much fun to drive everyday. I couldn't ask for more car at $18,600. It's well built, handles like a dream, quick off the line and you can fit a piano in the back. Big strong brakes and a great chassis offers a stiff yet surprisingly smooth ride. The automatic transmission could be a bit more smooth but it's not bad. It boots around the city and whips easily into any parking spot. On the down side the seats are not comfortable. The seat hurts after 1.5 hours and it gets worse. I'm going to buy an aftermarket seat. The cockpit ergonomics could be better too. But I don't care and you shouldn't either.

Great motor. GREAT chassis. Nice brakes. Sweet exterior styling. Lots of cargo room.

Better seats and better ergonomics. I want to be able to rest my elbows on something when my hands are on the wheel. Can't do that.

Awesome car
By Dave

2005 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Mazda3 after spending countless hours online researching similar vehicles. Once I went to the dealership and finally took one out for a spin I was hooked! It's got great get-up and the interior is hot. I have already put almost 2,000 miles on my new baby in the first month. I guess I should cool it, but i just have so much fun driving this car.

Great gas mileage, stereo controls on steering wheel.

Weak A/C, no trunk release on key fob (I know everyone says that) and the seats can be a touch uncomfortable if you have long legs like I do (I'm 6'2") but these are all minor and rarely do I notice them.

Excellent car but....
By tnmats

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The 3 is a fun car to drive; call it a BMW 3 on the cheap. Mine has the 4 speed auto, which while detracting a bit in the fun-to-drive area, still is a blast to drive. Steering is tight, handling is crisp. It's just right. The main gripe is the pathetic air conditioner. That is one known issue with this car, and so far Mazda hasn't really addressed it properly. Outside of that, the fuel mileage could be better for its size.

Suspension, steering feel, revvy engine, overall fun-to-drive character.

A decent air conditioner, 5 speed automatic, better fuel mileage.

KB's Review
By kabnt2005

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought an all-new 2005 Mazda 3s, 2.3L, 4-speed automatic transmission. It is the sunlight silver metallic paint with the black w/ red interior cloth. I got every option package on the car (ABS/SAB/SAC Package, Moonroof & 6CD Package, Sport Package, Xenon & TPMS Package, plus the rear wing spoiler). I am in love with my car right now. One problem though, is that after I got my new after-market sound system put in, because of the load in my trunk, now the rear tires are rubbing against the top of the rear wheel wells.

Xenon & TPMS Package: The xenon headlights are amazing and I don't want another car without them. The TPMS works wonderfully, as it just went off when my tires were down to 29psi. Moonroof & 6 CD Package: the moonroof is amazing, especially when its blazing hot. The 6 CD is awesome, gotta have it.

Improve the sound system. The stock speakers aren't too bad, but the head changer isn't all that great. If it looked good on the dash with a new head changer, I would get one in a heartbeat.