Used 2005 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 181 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Awesome car
By Dave

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Mazda3 after spending countless hours online researching similar vehicles. Once I went to the dealership and finally took one out for a spin I was hooked! It's got great get-up and the interior is hot. I have already put almost 2,000 miles on my new baby in the first month. I guess I should cool it, but i just have so much fun driving this car.

Great gas mileage, stereo controls on steering wheel.

Weak A/C, no trunk release on key fob (I know everyone says that) and the seats can be a touch uncomfortable if you have long legs like I do (I'm 6'2") but these are all minor and rarely do I notice them.

Excellent car but....
By tnmats

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The 3 is a fun car to drive; call it a BMW 3 on the cheap. Mine has the 4 speed auto, which while detracting a bit in the fun-to-drive area, still is a blast to drive. Steering is tight, handling is crisp. It's just right. The main gripe is the pathetic air conditioner. That is one known issue with this car, and so far Mazda hasn't really addressed it properly. Outside of that, the fuel mileage could be better for its size.

Suspension, steering feel, revvy engine, overall fun-to-drive character.

A decent air conditioner, 5 speed automatic, better fuel mileage.

KB's Review
By kabnt2005

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought an all-new 2005 Mazda 3s, 2.3L, 4-speed automatic transmission. It is the sunlight silver metallic paint with the black w/ red interior cloth. I got every option package on the car (ABS/SAB/SAC Package, Moonroof & 6CD Package, Sport Package, Xenon & TPMS Package, plus the rear wing spoiler). I am in love with my car right now. One problem though, is that after I got my new after-market sound system put in, because of the load in my trunk, now the rear tires are rubbing against the top of the rear wheel wells.

Xenon & TPMS Package: The xenon headlights are amazing and I don't want another car without them. The TPMS works wonderfully, as it just went off when my tires were down to 29psi. Moonroof & 6 CD Package: the moonroof is amazing, especially when its blazing hot. The 6 CD is awesome, gotta have it.

Improve the sound system. The stock speakers aren't too bad, but the head changer isn't all that great. If it looked good on the dash with a new head changer, I would get one in a heartbeat.

Awesome!
By Ali

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had this car for a month but I ABSOLUTELY love it. It's wonderful and gas is great. I'm so happy with my purchase!

The trunk and the back design. It's just so cute!

Remote control to be able to open the trunk.

superfun, but poor mpg w 2.3L
By x519178

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Pros: good looking car, good output at 3000+ rpm, good handling, doesn't lean much in corners, fun to drive. Cons: poor gas mileage, brake dust, cupholder in the way of shift stick, absent low end torque, poor visibility

how it drives

Lean burning engine (the 2.3L engine is matched with undersized catalyzer?). More torque.