Used 2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 307 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

fabulous car
By bekah

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. So cute, so much fun. I feel like I am in a hatchback sportscar. LOVE IT. Would recommend Mazda to anyone.

Moonroof, telescopic gauges, 6 disk changer.

Better gas mileage.

Mazda 3s hatchback hard to beat
By Bob Lenburg

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The handling is terrific, fun to drive, gets reasonable mileage even with the 2.3 s model, very comfortable and the interior space and quality exceeded my expectations. The larger brakes on the s model stop the car in such short distances that I have to re-adjust my following distance when driving my other vehicle. For the money, this car is a well kept secret. I had a 2001 Miata which was great fun to drive, but had inherent safety issues of a convertible. The Mazda 3s is nearly as much fun to drive (actually, accelerates quicker) and can be driven year-round. If BMW made this exact car their new entry level vehicle they could not make enough of them at $27K price.

Handling, acceleration, overall quality, modest price, just a hoot to drive. Features worth reading the manual about - for example, you can use the radio buttons to test the signal strength of each radio station. Found that I could replace the long antennae with a 'nubby', improve reception/looks.

Heated seats available with fabric interior cloth would be appreciated, an option for something other than the originals is a must if you live in snow country. I had planned on replacing the original tires with winter rims/Blizzak tires so the cost was not a surprise to me. Original tires ok.

Great Value
By jc

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car drives and looks like way more than what I paid for it. It is also so much nicer than those in its class.

Black leather interior is the best; love the stereo and CD sound quality. The whole car is a great package. I like everything in it.

The AC should me colder. The CD changer should be quicker. The gas tank should be a little larger. I feel like a 14.5 gallon tank gives you more trips to the gas station more often.

A great car
By Dan

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I Love my car. I got the s with the sport package which is worth the money. The car handles like a dream and is soooo fun to drive. Although I love my car I have a few complaints. For one the carpet is cheap and slips out from corners. Another problem is that there is little protection for the interior and it scratches easily. But it's little things like this that you have to expect from economy cars. Though the minor set backs I would still choose this car over any other in its class

Interior and exterior styling, suspension, fun to drive factor.

Protect the interior with some sort of wax coating.

This is a good car
By mtrblkd

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car on Mother's Day weekend 2005. We have put almost 24,000 miles on it in less than a year. We love it and couldn't be happier. The car has performed beyond my expectations. My wife says it's a tad uncomfortable but I disagree. Our only complaint is trying to fit all our babies stuff into the trunk. If it is packed right it can be done though. This car looks good and drives great. For a car in this class it can't be beat.

Side curtain airbags, antilock brakes and radio/cruise control on steering wheel are my favorite.

Less road noise would be a nice improvement but the best improvements they could make are lower child seat anchors in center position and driver/passenger knee airbags.