Used 2005 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 185 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

ZoomZoom
By Scott

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 05 Mazda3s 4 door and I love it. It's nice on the inside and out and fun to drive. I'm 18 and commute to college on Long Island. I get compliments on it all the time and with the JL audio speaker upgrade and the addition of subs and a 2000 watt amp really makes the difference. I have neon under the dash and in the side door panels with lambo doors. 15% tint all around really looks great on the silver. I got new 17" rims and put the stock tires back on because they were fine. For around $22K with $5K in add ons you can't beat it. I will have this car for a while.

I really love the interior design. From the color of the seats to the black on the dash. The navigation system rocks.

An optional V6 and an upgraded audio system. Horn sounds a little weak. Headrests get in the way when looking back. Wrap the whole dash in the carbon fiber, not just the strip down the middle.

I love this car
By mbd007m

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have found this to be one of the best compact cars I've ever driven. Sometimes I forget this is a compact car. It has plenty of power for a 4 cylinder. There is plenty of head room for me (6'0') in the back. I rarely ride in the back though. The suspension is firm. I have found road noise to be a little distracting, but compared to the Nissan and the Honda I've driven it is about the same. Acceleration is excellent. The car gear ratio gives you plenty of torque. When I shift I rarely have to go over 3200 RPM. I have had no problems with this car.

Fun car
By Ed

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car less then a month ago and enjoying the heck out of it. Not totally happy with gas mileage but I heard it gets better as the engine breaks in. Got it with auto transmission and it seems to shift well. I'm in my fifties but it's very comfortable even compared to my Volvo.

The looks and performance.

The car was a bit pricey to include ABS as only an option. If 2006 Civics were out I might of purchased one instead due to standard ABS.

BEST car in class
By Sergio

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Easily best car for the money (reliability to be seen). The car is very quick with excellent handling with 205/55R16 tires. I opted for the 2.0 for the mileage (28 MPG city driving on 1700 miles). Very nice and roomy interior. I will echo the complaints about the weak A/C, and the remote trunk opening, but they are not show stoppers. Seats are a little hard and the doors do not auto-lock when the car is started.

Handling and power for its class. Mileage. Radio controls on steering wheel. Just feels like a much more expensive car.

Make the doors lock when the engine starts (maybe mine has a problem). Change brake pad vendor as they make a lot of dust. Cooler A/C and I'll agree with some people on the radio improvements as it is very hard to get an aftermarket radio with the design it has.

3i Sedan
By ECM56

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have about 1500 miles on my 3i sedan with manual transmission. Mileage is good - about 33 mpg around the suburbs. It's hard to not put your foot down (which is, of course, bad for mileage) - this car begs to be driven! First car I've had in years with enough leg room (I'm 6'2") - I don't even have to put the seat all the way back. Easy to set up a good driving position with the adjustable steering wheel. Transmission has a nice feel and short throw. I have found the A/C more than adequate for my area (Virginia). Big trunk and lots of little cubbies for storing stuff (huge glove box).

Going into an uphill, 270 degree interstate on-ramp in second gear. YeeeHaaa! Getting 33+ MPG (as long as I drive conservatively). Front seat room and driving position.

I agree with the others that the stereo system is weak. I had just upgraded the stereo in my old Civic Coupe prior to giving that to my teenage daughter - her system definitely sounds better than the system in the Mazda.