Used 2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 307 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

I love my Mazda3
By Jess

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I decided to buy myself a birthday gift in 2005 and got this car. It had all of the features I wanted and is the best looking hatchback on the market. It is so much fun to drive and has never had a single mechanical issue in 2.5 years! I will drive this car for many many years, even if I could afford a higher performance vehicle. I mean it isn't as much fun to drive as a Lotus Exige S, but for a hatch that can easily fit snowboards (and a bunch of furniture from Ikea) it is the best option!

Sound, large storage capacity, easy fold down rear seats.

A sixth gear would be great for the highway (3700 rpm at 80), also a better all weather tire (driving on snow with the original tires was deadly!)

The best in its class
By Gurahg

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have a Mazda 3 5-door and a Nissan 350Z. Naturally the Z can way outperform my 3, but I have to tell you I love my 3. It is a blast to drive, and while not high performance, it's pretty peppy. I love the styling, both in and out. In fact, I wish the Z was designed inside as well as the 3. After owning many Civics, the 3 outshines them by far. Great car!!!

Peppy, cabin design, Sirius radio interface, plenty of storage, tight cornering, excellent fit and finish.

I wish they had a turbo when I bought mine.

I recommend it to anyone who asks
By 05Mazda3

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After two years and 39k miles, I still enjoy jumping in this car for a trip to the store or a 1500 mile road trip. It's comfortable, fun to drive, and packs more utility than every small SUV I've looked at. I can't see myself trading it for anything else anytime soon. For the detail oriented: mileage: 27.4 mpg over 39k miles of Atlanta traffic. Things hauled: 1 fully assembled grill, a stack of 2"x4"x8' lumber with room for 2 passengers, two 40"x48" pallets, 1 dresser w/ 1 bookshelf, 1 cubic yard of bark mulch (in 3cu.ft. bags) and 5 adults (1 not terribly happy). All items were hauled separately, but with all doors, hatches and windows closed. Out of room, but I love this car.

Interior styling and materials are excellent for the price range. Great hauling capability when I need the room, comfortable ride for 4 the rest of the time. The brakes are very good and confidence inspiring.

A 6th gear for the manual would improve cruising comfort and mileage.

Luxury and Performance
By Luxury Feel

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've recently bought a used Mazda3s w/most of the options (leather, sunroof, abs w/side, spoiler, and 6 CD changer). For the price that I paid for it, I feel like driving a luxury vehicle. It handles great and has an appealing look. The leather feels so comfortable. I actually slept in my the car, learned it was more comfy than my previous cars. I average 26 city and 32 HW. I'm sure you can achieve similar results if you cruise as much as possible on highways and not stomp on the gas in city roads. The gas is not as good as the Civic, but everything else are lot better. I recommend test drive the 3 before considering other vehicles.

Leather; sunroof, and steering wheel controls.

Mazda should have a trunk release as part of the keyless entry.

I found THE car!!
By I found THE car!!!

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

When I test drove this car I knew that I would like to own it, and that I would enjoy driving it. I didnt realize that I would love it. For me, everything about this car is great. I'm going to own this car for a long time (300k miles or more). Gas mileage could be better, but it is still decent. I get 26-27 around town. I think it would help if I would keep my foot out of it though. I added an iPod integration kit, and now the sound system is the bomb. Mine is not the 6 CD changer, but I dont use CDs anyway since I have the iPod kit now. I think the stock speakers are really good, but some audiophiles might want to upgrade. Buy the car, don't hesitate. Get the 5 speed!

Everything! Interior and exterior. The drive. The drive. The drive. ZOOM-ZOOM!

Fuel ecomony without losing horsepower. More hp would be nice. An external keypad to get into the car.