2020 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews

$33,890

Save as much as $4,443
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Awesome Car

Mauricio, 04/07/2020
Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love to drive it on my daily commute. Whenever possible, I love to go out, especially on weekends and holidays. Driving is always a pleasure. Mine is a GT, the adaptive headlights are awesome on the night. The Bose sound is heaven on earth. It's TRUE that cargo space is not huge , but for me, family of 4, has been more than enough.

I Love my 2020 Mazda CX9 - an awesome car!

Kim, 05/19/2020
Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is a great pleasure to drive. The interior is high end and luxurious! Seating (I have the second row captains seats) and comfort are impeccable, great gas mileage (I've been getting 26 highway), and it really has enough room with the third row that could fit 2 children well enough and that's about the same for other cars in the same class I looked at. ( It's quite easy to get to the third row with the second row captains seats.) The cargo capacity is fine and there's a good amount of storage under the floorboard in the rear cargo area. There's loads of overall cargo space if you fold down the third row should you need it. Other vehicles in this class couldn't compare to the quality and layout of the interior. I am really happy with the handling, and all the bells and whistles of the Mazda. The stereo is fantastic and the car is so quiet I sometimes forget it's running while I'm parked. I also do not hear road noise while driving. The learning curve took me a little while to figure out. Now it's instinctive. Thank you Mazda!

Semi touch screen

Peter, 07/09/2020
Signature 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I enjoy the fit and finish. I like the handling along with almost all of the tech. The worst thing is the navigation. I can't zoom once moving. I can't use touchscreen at all and the knob is limited. I don't understand why you get a bigger screen along with bigger fonts. I would prefer more space because of the zoom. The engine is good with a little lag but plenty of power. Impressive gas mileage. The ride is quieter than my BMW. 2020 cx9 signature

Ad
  • $34,160starting MSRP

Pleasantly surprised

Cindy, 08/11/2020
Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I searched for a couple of months for an SUV; test drove all a couple of times until I narrowed the choices to Kia Telluride, Hyundai Palisade and Honda Passport. Each had pros and cons. I removed Telluride because it was too difficult to get. I liked the Honda but wasn’t completely sold. Reading reviews from many sites and the Mazda CX-9 kept being mentioned so I decided to test drive the Grand Touring. The ride is smooth and quiet, nice handling, great pick up , it has somewhat good of a sporty feel. It’s actually fun to drive. The seats are really comfortable. Interior really nicely done, tech and safety features very good. Bose sound system is great. People complained third row small but I didn’t expect anything different. However, I am able to get in and out easily and there is sufficient leg room (I’m 5’ 4”). There are just a couple of things I’m not crazy about: the drink holders in the center sit too far back that I literally have to bring my arm back to reach my drink. I guess if you’re tall it wouldn’t be a big deal. I use the one in the passenger side which does help. I’m used to SUVs that have the exterior mirrors that tilt down when you’re backing into a parking space which makes parking so much easier; this car doesn’t do that. I’m would have been nice to have a panoramic sunroof but I knew it didn’t when I bought it and it doesn’t take anything away from everything that makes the CX9 a great choice. And lastly it takes premium gasoline which is quite expensive. These are minor cons for such a great vehicle. I love it and I’m not easily pleased when it comes to vehicles.

Can't beat it with a stick

Steve K., 06/22/2020
Signature 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Been looking to upgrade from my trusty, but tired Scion xD. Loved that little car but it was getting "long in the tooth" and the line was terminated by Toyota. Looked at SUVs from Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Kia, and even Audi. As an overall package none of them had the same appeal as the CX-9. I purchased the Signature in Soul Red and elected to go with the Parchment Napa leather that makes for a good color combination, in and out. The ride is outstanding, performance is great, as is the handling. As mentioned so many times in many places, the Infotainment system could be better. For me, it does what I need it and I have no complaints about it. Regarding the third row space for passengers; don't use it so it matters little to me. As long as fuel prices stay relatively affordable I will continue to feed it higher octane gas for better performance, which is really nice for the little "4 banger" with a big body wrapped around it. Purchased the extended warranty that'll go to 120K miles and just shy of a decade. I'm getting close to retirement and hope this is my last car. As my daily, round trip commute is under 20 miles I don't see me piling up the miles. I love this SUV and will talk your ear off about it if you'll stand near me long enough. If you're looking at SUVs in this class, do yourself a favor and test drive a CX-9. And if you do, don't forget to turn on Sport Mode for a bit to see if that'll tickle your fancy.