Skip to main content

List Price Range

Used CX-9 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Awesome Car

Mauricio, 04/07/2020
Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love to drive it on my daily commute. Whenever possible, I love to go out, especially on weekends and holidays. Driving is always a pleasure. Mine is a GT, the adaptive headlights are awesome on the night. The Bose sound is heaven on earth. It's TRUE that cargo space is not huge , but for me, family of 4, has been more than enough.

5 out of 5 stars

I Love my 2020 Mazda CX9 - an awesome car!

Kim, 05/19/2020
Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is a great pleasure to drive. The interior is high end and luxurious! Seating (I have the second row captains seats) and comfort are impeccable, great gas mileage (I've been getting 26 highway), and it really has enough room with the third row that could fit 2 children well enough and that's about the same for other cars in the same class I looked at. ( It's quite easy to get to the third row with the second row captains seats.) The cargo capacity is fine and there's a good amount of storage under the floorboard in the rear cargo area. There's loads of overall cargo space if you fold down the third row should you need it. Other vehicles in this class couldn't compare to the quality and layout of the interior. I am really happy with the handling, and all the bells and whistles of the Mazda. The stereo is fantastic and the car is so quiet I sometimes forget it's running while I'm parked. I also do not hear road noise while driving. The learning curve took me a little while to figure out. Now it's instinctive. Thank you Mazda!

5 out of 5 stars

Can't beat it with a stick

Steve K., 06/22/2020
Signature 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Been looking to upgrade from my trusty, but tired Scion xD. Loved that little car but it was getting "long in the tooth" and the line was terminated by Toyota. Looked at SUVs from Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Kia, and even Audi. As an overall package none of them had the same appeal as the CX-9. I purchased the Signature in Soul Red and elected to go with the Parchment Napa leather that makes for a good color combination, in and out. The ride is outstanding, performance is great, as is the handling. As mentioned so many times in many places, the Infotainment system could be better. For me, it does what I need it and I have no complaints about it. Regarding the third row space for passengers; don't use it so it matters little to me. As long as fuel prices stay relatively affordable I will continue to feed it higher octane gas for better performance, which is really nice for the little "4 banger" with a big body wrapped around it. Purchased the extended warranty that'll go to 120K miles and just shy of a decade. I'm getting close to retirement and hope this is my last car. As my daily, round trip commute is under 20 miles I don't see me piling up the miles. I love this SUV and will talk your ear off about it if you'll stand near me long enough. If you're looking at SUVs in this class, do yourself a favor and test drive a CX-9. And if you do, don't forget to turn on Sport Mode for a bit to see if that'll tickle your fancy.

Semi touch screen

Peter, 07/09/2020
Signature 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I enjoy the fit and finish. I like the handling along with almost all of the tech. The worst thing is the navigation. I can't zoom once moving. I can't use touchscreen at all and the knob is limited. I don't understand why you get a bigger screen along with bigger fonts. I would prefer more space because of the zoom. The engine is good with a little lag but plenty of power. Impressive gas mileage. The ride is quieter than my BMW. 2020 cx9 signature

Best Driving Vehicle that I have Ever Owned

Kevin, 09/08/2020
Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I started looking for a new SUV back in June as I had a lease vehicle with a contract soon to expire. I test drove the Palisade, Telluride, Explorer, Highlander, Grand Cherokee, Passport, Blazer, and Traverse. The Palisade, Highlander, and Telluride were high on my list because these vehicles had overwhelmingly positive reviews. However, they were ALL too expensive. I previously owned a Highlander and was disappointed the new XLE had faux leather seats. I found this to be unacceptable for a vehicle that costs upwards of $45,000 dollars. Same story with the Ford Explorer which I thought drove incredibly. Not only did it have faux seats (XLT), but there has been a number of stories in print and on Youtube about transmission and other problems. The Grand Cherokee had poor safety ratings (IIHS-HLDI). In my area, only high end Palisade's and Telluride's were generally delivered to lots. My budget was below 40k, so that wasn't going to work for me. The CX9 wasn't on my radar but it came up on just about every best midsize suv website that I looked at. I test drove it and the rest is history. I purchased the Touring trim level with premium package. It has everything we need and literally drives and feels like a luxury car. It's just me and the wife so we didn't need a large suv or a third row for that matter. As such, we'll keep the third row seats down because the extra cargo space is more important for us. I highly recommend this vehicle for small families, it's a really great car with exceptional safety ratings.