2019 Mazda CX-9 SUV Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2019 Mazda CX-9 SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Didn't Know
By Never Knew

2019 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I Never Respected Maxda Never understood their purpose?! What was there Identity, what do they bring to the table! After owning Dodge charger sxt 2014 The Mazda CX9 put it to Shame! I can See me Buying a Mazda Now No Doubt about it!

Way better than our 2016 CRV
By Bill M.

2019 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is an incredibly nimble and sporty 3 row crossover. Fit and finish and quality of materials are like a luxury SUV. Wonderful value, fun to drive and a pleasure to trade for a humdrum 2016 Honda CR-V. I think the Mazda is a better vehicle than the Honda by far.

Undercover Luxury SUV
By Leroy Johnson

2019 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love my new 2019 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring trim SUV. The interior is on par with luxury brand SUVs. I looked at the Acura RDX and MDX and couldn’t justify paying the extra money for a vehicle with comparable equipment for 10K more.

The ride is very quiet with very little if any road noise. My 2016 RDX had much more road noise. The handling is impressive but the ride is a little stiffer than my Acura. I think that is due to the fact Mazda concentrates on handling first then comfort. The ride is still very comfortable and bumps are absorbed nicely.

The heads up display is my favorite feature. You literally never have to take your eyes off the road with all the information displayed on the heads up display. The sign recognition is awesome.

The overall styling (which is very subjective) is very classy and compares to more expensive SUV with fit and finish. Power is adequate but nothing to brag about. If speed is important than there are probably better choices. I personally like the overall balance between the ride, handling, quiet Interior, power, and styling (inside and out).

The Mazda CX-9 is a great SUV with plenty of room for most and all the bells and whistles most luxury SUVs in higher trim level posses.

If you want to spend the money for a luxury brand name go for it. If you want the most value for your money and still get all the bells and whistles, then you can’t beat the CX-9.

Excellent!
By Richard

2019 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just picked it up after owning a cx5 for a year. Where I felt the cx5 lacked, the cx9 picks up the slack in refinement and luxury. It is truly a joy to drive. Styling inside and out is well thought out and outside of the same old same old in mid sized suv’s. The addition of the ventilated front seats is what I was waiting for. Apple car play is another plus. This car is a head turner. My only wish is that the driver seat had a couple inches more in width for us big fellas!