Used 2010 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Mazda CX-9

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

The Best SUV/Crossover in the market!
By RAFAEL MASSA

2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned minivan, small utility vehicles, sedans and sports cars. I have to admit it, the Mazda CX-9 is the most fun, beautiful, enjoyable, pleasant vehicle I have ever driven in a long time. Our MB ML320 was not as comfortable of a ride, it was almost perfect but I didn't like the AWD all the time feature. Prefer the FWD.

The best features of the 2010 Mazda CX- 9 are, the seats, the visibility, the soft ride, the spacious cabin and most of all the styling. Drive it and you'll see what I mean. Mine is a 2010 Touring and it has all the basic features I need. I was going to get the Grand T. but could justify 4K more

If you get the Mazda CX-9 my best advise is don't get it with GPS. Buy the portable GPS separate (any brand. Even the most expensive GPS in the market can't be more than $500 and you can take it anywhere. The 18" wheels give a comfortable ride, and are less expensive to replace. Buy it now!

Love it! Love it! Love it!
By Elizabeth T.

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

So far this has been BY FAR the very best car I have ever driven. I love the blind spot sensor. That really helps me feel safe when trying to change lanes. It is very quiet and I don't get all the road noise I used to get. There is some much functional space w/o a lot of wasted space. My kids love it too!

The Bose entertainment system and Navigation, Bluetooth for my iphone (with the ipod), Quiet, smooth ride.

More storage and allow drive the option to control the rear A/C.

Great Value & Still Zooming in Raleigh
By Tearlach

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After 8 months: best combination of driving experience, braking, interior space & comfort, technology and safety amongst Highlander, 4Runner, Pilot, Sante Fe,Outback, Tribeca, Vera Cruz & other Asian SUV/CUV's w/ AWD evaluated (Asian quality/value bias after owning 20+ domestic, Euro & lately Asian vehicles). A nearly perfect family of 5 transport design w/ generous 2nd row and a 3rd row even adults could fit into in a pinch - and still have some cargo room. Not there isn't decent competition, but the steering, decent acceleration & AWD, excellent brakes and low road noise compared to even pricier CUVs are impressive. Drive of the CX-9 to others considered or you will be short changed.

Handling, steering, brakes, engine, transmission, seat comfort, a/c, trip computer, blue tooth, HID / LED lgihts, Bose sound system, blind spot monitor, adjustable 2nd row for fast growing boys, cargo space - sharp looks don't hurt either.

OEM NAV system not worth the price - a 7" screen Magellan @ $195 fits into the console cup bay perfectly - Mazda needs to move to more state of the art NAV tech to justify $1500+. In a perfect world, higher gas mileage would be nice, but for this size & weight, the 87 octane gas 21 MPG is a small trade

Great Crossover
By Zion Isabelle

2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is our 5th vehicle purchase. We owned Toyotas ever since but the recent recalls made me think about their quality and reliability. I've always been curious about CX9 but never had the chance to test drive one. Once I drove it, instantly fell in love! The quality is above average. Interior is beautiful so as the exterior. Very quiet on the road. Handling is great. A lot of space even with the 3rd row up. Became a Mazda fan immediately. Thinking to trade in my Corolla for a Mazda 3!

Cockpit design, comfortable leather seats, 50/50 3rd row (my daughter actually likes to seat there), bluetooth system, the Bose audio rocks, tailgate, smart key. 6speed Automatic w/ manual shift. Auto dimming mirror with homelink/compass.

Gas mileage is poor compared to competition. Back- up camera is cheap especially at night & bad weather, fog lights should come standard at this point. Enlarge the glove compartment, only the manual fits in there.

LOVE the CX9
By georgebake

2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We have 2500 miles on the car and love its comfort, ride, looks, abundant features, room and quality. Looked at them all - Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Handai and Kia. This beats them all hands down.

Blind spot monitoring, keyless entry, Tadio, power everything, comfort, quiet ride, third row, dual mode and excellent AC. Has everything,

GPS is not as user friendly as my portable Garmin but will get you there.