Used 2008 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews - 160 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda CX-9

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Great car!!
By Michael

2008 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Very nice car in all aspects with the exception of gas mileage! Still though if you need the third seat this is the cream of the class!

Sporty nature!

Gas mileage.

Mazda CX9 FWD Grand Touring
By SCaldriver

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a 2008 CX9 Grand Touring FWD 13 months ago and now have 20,000 miles on it. This vehicle has met all of our expectations. We previously owned an Expedition and a Sequoia and like the CX9 much better. The interior in the CX9 is great. The second row seats slide forward for easy access to the third row with a split seat with enough room for an adult. The CX9 is fun to drive with plenty of zoom zoom. We live in an area with hills and the CX9 moves up them. It drives more like a sports car than an SUV. Exterior looks great especially with 20 inch wheels. Whenever someone rides in it they are impressed & comment on how nice the interior is & how well it drives.

3.7 V6 engine with 273hp really moves. Blind-spot monitoring system in side mirrors are great. Split third row seat. Sliding second row seats. 20 inch alloy wheels. Blue cabin dash illumination lights. Dash instrumentation display panel.

Wish the gas mileage was better, average 15 to 17 mpg with mostly 70% city 30% highway driving. I can live with this as the Cx9 really moves when I step on the petal.

Fast and Fun with issues
By bfad

2008 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Touring AWD (JD Powers SUV of the Year). It is truly fun to drive. The power/handling in the SUV will blow you away. You feel like your driving a sports car. The interior design is above average and the third row seating is actually usable by adults. This SUV has many wonderful selling points. But my CX-9 has had some durability/quality issues. At 12,000 miles I needed new wheel bearings installed on front right side. At 22,500 I needed four new tires installed ($875.00) and yes I rotated them every 6000 miles. It didn’t help! This SUV eats up tires like you can’t believe. Now at 24,000 miles I need new wheel bearings on the driver side and the rear climate control is acting

Power and handling. Great in the snow with the right tires. Third row seating room.

Improve overall durability and tire life expectancy. Fuel economy.

Great Car, Skip the built in Nav
By nbiz

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Wonderful car, we love how it drives. It doesn't look that big from outside, but feels huge and comfortable inside. However, I wish I could return the nav system. It gives us a proper route about 1 in 5 times, otherwise it suggests routes that are hundreds of miles off course. Luckily we usually know the basic directions, otherwise 1 hour drives would take 5. Also it grays out when going over 5mph, which all built-ins do and I thought I could deal with, but no. Please get this great car, just skip the nav.

Handling

Fix the nav system, really its horrible. Our $100 hand-held from 3 years ago can route better. Fix the paint on the interior door handles, it is super cheap and gets scraped off by our wedding rings.

Mama's Zoom Zoom
By Brandi

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Its no mini-van but has all of the positives of one. Three rows of seating. Its no truck but tows like one. Its not an SUV but the AWD makes sure you go anywhere you want. Its not really a sports car but is fun to drive like one. Its just a fantastic vehicle that does it all. I didn't lose style, fun or multi-use. Better gas mileage than a truck/suv.

Bluetooth technology. Automatic lights and windshield wipers. Power seat multiple settings.

Grand touring tires are great on dry highway but offer little bite in snow, needs to come with middle of this road tread pattern.