Used 2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Consumer Reviews - 117 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Zoom gloom
By k1200gt

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

At initial purchase all was good, however when it came to getting an appointment it was hard, CD player did not work from day one, they told me I stuck something in it. But on further inspection the opening for the CD was NEVER cut through. when I shut the car off the a/c fan comes on , when the car is off and I turn on the parking lights. Guess what, the a/c fan comes on. I press the remote for the doors, guess what comes on in unison.. yup the a/c fan and it will run for 5 min and up to 30 and has at times killed my battery. They said "we never heard of such a thing." Well I have proof in the shape of a CX9, also loud squeakiness as if it uses leaf springs from the 1950s wont buy another

Roomy.

Fix the electrical issues, fix the squeaky suspension a better, more durable paint job, more comfortable seats.

Has everything except storage
By allana6

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is great, you get a lot for your money. It drives well, it handles the road, the interior room is great, the exterior looks great. I love this car, I have the blue mica with navi, bluetooth, roof rail etc, all the bells and whistles, the only thing lacking is storage. Little compartments are lacking, you end up putting everything in your cupholder and then having no place to put your cup. Aside from that, little things are not attached properly. something is always popping off and out of place, if it's not the seat belt holder, it's the cap for the lights on the trunk door. For a family car, you it should be built a little tougher. But all in all, a great buy, very pleased.

The wheels and rims, the bluetooth, the backup mirror, the 7 seats

More storage, navigation updated

Have now owned for 1 year
By Dan

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have now owned my 07 CX-9 GT for 1 year - this review may be helpful for people buying/considering the 08. This is a terrific crossover SUV... very fun to drive, roomy, great- looking, great build quality, lots of features, even has pretty good gas mileage (I got 24.5 mpg on a long highway trip @ 70 mph last week; I get 18 mpg around town. I do try to drive gently, e.g. slow starts and stops). I did lots of homework before I bought and still see nothing on the market that compares. I have had great experiences with Mazdas and expect to be very happy with my CX-9 for a long time to come.

Handling, power, heated seats, Bose stereo, cargo room, controls, great- looking interior and exterior. Virtually everything looks, feels, fits, & works like it should, which is to say, often better than expected.

My one and only complaint is that the ride is a little stiff and choppy - I feel the bumps a little more than I'd like. That may be the price to pay for the great handling and/or the 20-inch wheels. I also wish (ok, 2nd complaint) that the compass and homelink mirror had been standard.

Not bad, but could be better
By TedS

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 7 months of ownership I'm pretty pleased with the vehicle. It has reasonable performance and exceptional handling for its size. The engine is quite refined and powerful for the displacement and the transmission shifts seamlessly between gears. It has good interior room and versatility allowing it to swallow a lot of stuff when it needs to. The one down side was that I've already had to have the transfer case replaced because it wasn't sending any power to the rear wheels. That's disappointing in a new vehicle. On the other hand, the dealer did a stellar job of handling the repairs and providing me with a loaner vehicle while it was in the shop.

Engine/transmission, flexible rear seating and ease of entry and exit to the third row. Powerlift gate is a nice feature. Handling is easily the high point of this vehicle.

Memory outside mirrors, trip computer, better carpet (the stuff is more like felt than carpet), airflow control for the rear vents, only temp and fan speed can be adjusted back there. More useful center console (rear heat/AC equipment eats most of the space). Gauges hard to see on bright day.

I love my CX-9
By debbiejay

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I shopped and shopped for an SUV to replace my old Windstar. I rented several for extended test drives including CX-9 and Highlander. I "borrowed" a Honda Pilot for several hours from a dealer too. The CX-9 has all of the features I wanted, the best looks, and decent gas mileage (at least comparable for its class). Very high quality fit and finish and a great interior layout compared to the others.

The heated, leather seats and the copper red paint color.

Include auto headlamps and trip computer in Touring models.