Used 2007 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews - 117 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

CX-9 2007 San Antonio
By CX-9 GT San Antonio

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our CX-9 Grand Touring, is fun to drive. We love the headlights (wide range lighting) because it allows us to see everything and the interior lighting (especially the blue interior light in the dashboard)is a plus. We enjoy the navigation, satellite radio, touch screen, blue tooth, heated leather seats and comfort. We drove it to Yellowstone National Park, through the Rockies in Colorado and it was a smooth comfortable ride. We can fold down the seats for storage space in seconds to carry supplies and my daughterÂ’s belongings to her dorm in Austin. I drive it to work and use my rear view camera to park. It rides on rails. We love the safety features and so does our insurance company

It is a fun quiet ride which allows me to hear only my music (satellite radio/CDs). I can adjust the headlights/rear view mirrors to suit me. The rear view camera is a must for parking. The DVD player can be used for CDs with wireless headphones so that I don't have to listen to my teenager's music.

Hands free phone, the caller can sometimes hear the A/C or Heater vent sound. Perhaps you can move the speaker phone. The plastic small covers in the interior of the hatch back door have fallen off several times when I close the hatch back door. The headrest should adjust to support the neck.

After 18 months, still a good car.
By Mick

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had mine for 18 months now, 17,000 miles. Still love the ride, handling and versatility. Getting about 22 mpg on regular fuel with about a 60%/40% city/hwy mix. Love the extra row of seats... actually fit 7 adults without a problem this summer. The nav system is OK but some of the newer portable systems are better. I have towed my boat (towing pkg) a few times without any problems. Great in winter weather as far as driving, but this winter I have started to get a belt squeaking during cold mornings (below 35F). Overall still very impressed with this large SUV that drives like a much smaller vehicle.

Heated seats, sporty feel of interior and handling.

Rear doors are too large. Allow destination input in nav system while driving (sometimes there are passengers that can do this for you). Allow 2nd row to slide further back to allow more leg room when 3rd row not in use.

Love It
By ZoomZoom

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Mazda CX-9 for a year now. My husband and I both love this car. I have owned many cars and this 1 is the best by far. We have 5 teenagers at home and have taken them on road-trips in this car. The interior room is fantastic. After years of mini-vans, I am thrilled to have a sporty car that is fun to drive. I have had no problems with this car at all.

NONE

Zoom ZOOM.. love my CX-9
By Jas J.

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I hesitatingly bought my first Mazda (CX-9) and I can honestly say it is one of the best purchases I have ever made. It looks and drives better than any other vehicle I have owned previously. Looked at highlander, pathfinder and pilot. This one seemed like a no brainer. Looks like a luxury vehicle, feels like a luxury vehicle without the hurt of the price tag.

Great audio system, blue tooth is a must, touch screen navigation. 20" wheels, awesome attention to detail interior/exterior. Great for long road trips

Gas mileage is avg at best more storage. Would have liked to see the DVD available in the same set up as navigation screen.

Poor Interior Design
By Barbara

2007 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the 1st Mazda I've owned and after having a Honda Odyssey it will be the last Mazda I buy until they upgrade some of the features. It rides and handles well, however I do notice a big blind spot on the passenger side. The ALL red lights on the dash are cool at first but when you want to check time, temp, radio station and even looking at the speedometer all the numbers seem to blend in together and that's annoying. I can't believe that some different colors weren't used. I hope this review helps someone before you actually purchase this vehicle and are then disappointed.

The only good thing about the interior is the 3rd row of seats which someone can actually sit in. Also the fact that all the seats fold down for storage.

The carpet is like felt with some carpet fibers glued to it. There is no coin storage and more front storage is needed. Headlights should come on automatically at dusk. The fuel light is so tiny and again blends in so much that I have almost run out of gas several times. Gas mileage is terrible