Used 2008 Mazda CX-7 Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Mazda CX-7

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Wish I knew about the tire situation.
By beachybum76

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Well I have had my car for a little over a year. I really love my car but I am having to replace my tires already. FYI- the warranty on tires for new cars is for only a year after that its your problem. And then there is the gas problem. Can you say wow? If you have money to spend on gas, then this car is for you. Other than that I love my car.

Moon roof, ruggedness for my kids, how it is very sporty looking but sleek at the same time.

Better warranty on the tires that are installed on new tires and then there is the gas mileage thing!

dissatisfied
By disappointed

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Air compressor locked up at 18000 miles and burned the drive belt up. Gas mileage stinks, don't let the dealership lie about the fuel, you HAVE to use premium gas or it lugs and shifts like crap.

handling

reliability,gas mileage and road noise.

Good wheels
By Jim

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

One of the best vehicles I've owned in oner 50 years of driving. Glad to see Ford is using some of this technology. Would buy another Mazda.

Manual/Auot trans. GPS system. fun to drive. styling is holding up.

Update to GPS maps. better gas mileage

Compact SUV that is fun to drive
By Lurking

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've enjoyed my first month of owning my new CX-7. It is a beautiful vehicle and it has carried me through 6" of snow and a blinding rainstorm already. I test drove many other vehicles in this category but the Mazda was, by far, the most fun to drive. That consideration was not at the top of my priority list, but it's superiority there outshined some of the smaller disadvantages. One thing I wish I had known was just how poor the gas mileage is. My vehicle is returning 13mpg in the city and about 19 mpg on the highway. I'm not even sure how a 4 cyl engine can possibly return such poor numbers. I recommend the vehicle with the caveat that you must be willing to accept poor gas mileage.

The suspension tuning, the Black Cherry color, keyless entry and ignition system, Bose stereo

Better interior carpeting, navigation system with the ability to look up names of shops or restaurants rather than just addresses, better mileage, I'll say that again, Better Gas Mileage!

Questioning the purchase.
By cindy

2008 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We just bought this car 2 days ago. We drove quite a few cars and liked how this one took off (on premium gas)! Ultimately chose this one because of the great deal we got. We're mostly pleased with it. What's up with the headlights? (We didn't drive the car after dark until after we'd brought it home.) There's a "line" across your field of vision which "divides" light and dark. It's not as obvious with high beam. Dealer service guy says it's normal. It's very annoying. Seats could be a little more comfortable. Quieter ride would be nice. Better gas mileage, too. Everything else about the car we're happy.

Price, fun to drive.

Quieter ride, better gas mileage, correct headlight issue, more comfortable seats, automatic headlights, automatic door locks.